To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chantilly, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
System Engineering Technical Specialist
Perspecta • Chantilly, VA
Posted 8 days ago
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
LANDMARK Acquisition Office Support (AOS) is a large SETA contract responsible for the complete end-to-end life cycle of the customer's Ground Enterprise. The Project performs technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analysis for critical government systems. As SETA’s we assists government procurement agencies develop acquisition strategies, work statements, evaluation plans and qualify vendors. We are involved through the entire acquisition life cycle, from pre-award planning through solicitation preparation, contract award, contract administration and contract close-out. We support system cradle to grave and everything in between. We work to constantly improve acquisition policy and procedures to devise strategies for deploying and implementing new acquisition initiatives and measuring the effectiveness of these implementation. As part of the system acquisitions we support the development acquisition plans, source selection documents, Independent Government Cost Estimates (ICE), justifications and approvals, synopses, and requests for proposals/quotes/bids. We assist in the development of acquisition packages that include but are not limited to Request for Changes (RFCs), Statements of Work (SOWs), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and development contracts. You will be expected to lead and/or support various program technical and management forums and meetings to include Engineering Review Board (ERBs), Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs), Program Management Reviews (PMRs), and Business Management reviews (BMRs) and Project Readiness Reviews.
What You’ll Get to Do:
You will be supporting the Chief Architects officer which oversees and coordinates the efforts of 4 very diverse Pogrom Offices to include coordination with both internal and external stakeholders from multiple government customers. You will design, develop, evaluate and modify end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. You will have the opportunity to drive innovation across the organizational enterprise. You will have the opportunity to work across multiple engineering disciplines and domains. You will support the generation quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisitions, ensuring requirements comply with government standards through formal verification methods. You will translate high level capabilities and development strategies into system and program requirements. You establish and coordinate development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development including changes to current government processes. You design interfaces and bring system elements together so they work as a whole across the entire enterprise.
More about the Role:
The specific position responsibilities include the ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment and define the future architecture and analysis to ensure the ground system will meet the user needs. The candidate must understand established system engineering procedures while supporting proposed changes to existing practices. The candidate must be able to respond to ad-hoc customer taking within short time constraints. It requires excellent written and communication skills and includes working with users to understand their needs and requirements for scheduling of satellite ground systems and make the corresponding architecture changes as customer requirements are updated while working closely with associated acquisition offices and implementing contractors. The candidate will also work with the Chief Data Office to define future data strategies along with metrics supporting acquisition commitments. The candidate will also provide an understanding and assessment of program artifacts that define the operational baseline while working across the customer organization.
We need someone who is a self-starter who can define and then drive a data architecture vision across multiple organization. We need some who is not afraid of fighting an uphill battle but who will work to drive innovation in to process that currently no one wants to follow. We need someone who is not afraid of a challenged but willing to truly leave their mark on the overall organization.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
You’ll Bring These
- TS/SCI w/CI poly
- Satellite ground systems knowledge
- Understanding of SIGINT or GEOINT
- Experience with acquisition processes and space, ground or communications systems
- System Engineering processes – full system lifecycle experience – architecture products, interpretation of user requirements, allocation to segments within a system, requirements development and documentation, risk management, verification and validation, etc.
- Demonstrated capability and success working in team environments
- Strong communication and briefing skills with peers and senior leaders
- Excellent ability to work within team structure
- Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forms
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related field (Aerospace, Electrical, Math or similar technical degree)
- Experience related to end users and working CONOPS development for new missions.
- Experience in developing resiliency systems, plans and CONOPS to ensure high mission availability
What We Can Offer You:
- Vencore knows that, without a doubt, our people make the difference. That’s why, along with helping our customers achieve their mission success, our people are our top priority. We go a long way to assure that, from the moment you apply online to the time you arrive at orientation, you are made to feel like you are just that—a priority.
- We have a passion for technology and thrive on innovation and creativity. We are committed to providing our employees with professional challenges and opportunities for career development. Vencore’s people collaborate with leading industry experts to solve our customers’ hardest and most challenging problems.
- If you are inspired by working alongside some of the most intelligent, creative and driven people in the industry in an environment where new ideas are encouraged at all levels, make Vencore your priority today.
- It takes more than competitive salaries to attract and retain the best employees – they deserve great pay, a flexible work environment and solid, sustainable benefits. Vencore’s benefits program was created and evolves frequently to ensure we provide our employees with the peace of mind they need to enjoy their work and life outside of work.
- Our employees value the flexibility at Vencore that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.