Responsible for performing skilled work operating a semi-tractor/pneumatic tank vehicle for short-distance hauls from Grand Saline, TX to customers and/or warehouses within a 150-mile radius. These short-distance hauls may include trips to a maintenance service shop on a periodic basis. Reports to Inventory Supervisor.
- Operate semi-tractor/tank trailer while complying with all pertinent regulations of DOT and Morton Salt, Inc. Determines route to be traveled, maintain accurate inventory of cargo and notes any irregularities.
- Performs cargo loading and unloading functions.
- Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections and monitors unit operation.
- Completes daily reports, repair requests, collects fuel receipts and other associated record keeping functions.
- Work safely and comply with all company/customer safety policies as well as laws and regulations established by federal, state and municipal authorities.
- Driver will also ensure that vehicle is washed once each week at a designated truck wash facility.
- Yard work and other tasks as related to job classification.
- Maintain effective working relationships with customers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Maintain proper appearance so as to represent the company favorably.
- Demonstrate flexibility and initiative.
- HS diploma or GED
- Possess a valid state of Texas Class A Commercial Driver’s License with appropriate ratings
- Five (5) years of truck driving experience
- Must have flexibility to work various/changing shifts
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2019-2540
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Morton Salt Inc., a K+S Group company, employs nearly 3,000 people in offices, warehouses, and production facilities throughout the United States, Canada, and the Bahamas. The Salt Group is the name used to describe the combination of Morton Salt, The Canadian Salt Company, Limited, and Morton Bahamas, Limited. A career with Morton Salt means being part of an American tradition. Add some spice to your future. Begin a career with Morton Salt.
View the full profile