To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saddle Brook, NJ 07663
- National General Insurance Company
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
No-Fault Customer Service Representative
National General Insurance • Saddle Brook, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
Responsible to service the caller and/or mail correspondence with standard claims handling practices to successfully support the claims department to bring an opened claim to conclusion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Effectively manage a large number of external and internal calls
- Identify and assess customer needs to achieve satisfaction and follow-up where needed to ensure resolution
- Provide accurate and complete information grounded on claim procedures and regulatory time frames
- Confirm status of policy coverages and the ability to generate the appropriate perils
- Perform follow-up work with callers and/or mail including insured's, claimants, brokers and/or providers to secure valuable information and/or provide updated status when relevant to the situation.
- Communicate vital information or secured paperwork to the handling adjuster or unit management timely
- Document claim activity utilizing Company approved claim log or manual/electronic activity log on all tasks performed
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate, able to assimilate to business applications on multiple platforms
- Minimum typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-orientated environments
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish a working relationship with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Bi-Lingual preferably English/Spanish
- One or more years of experience in the Auto Insurance Industry, State Regulations
- College Degree or equivalent education, training or work-related experience
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.