Warehouse Associate- Part Time | Des Plaines, IL | req45481
The warehouse associate is responsible for moving materials within the warehouse and the loading/unloading of materials onto or from vehicles utilizing a forklift, reach truck, order picker or other heavy material handling equipment.
The warehouse associate can be responsible for receiving, storing, picking, packing, verification, shipping/manifesting and other various duties as assigned to ensure the full and efficient operation of the Distribution Center.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Use material handling (MH) equipment to unload incoming materials from trailers
• Verify and receive materials into inventory
• Marks and inventories packages for storage or transit
• May also include palletizing and shrink-wrap.
• Duties may include receiving, checking and storing
• May be required to stack pallets and repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds
• Use MH Equipment to move and store materials within the warehouse
• Use MH Equipment to pick, verify and pack orders according to standard practice
• Use MH Equipment or other designated means to load goods into trailers or other designated
transport vehicles for distribution
• Works from pick sheet or Radio Frequency (RF) Scanner to pull product or supplies.
• May be required to cycle count inventory
• Check orders against pull sheets.
• Dangerous Goods”: when receiving dangerous goods, the necessary procedures must be
followed and these shipments must be stored in the designated section of the warehouse.
• If/when applicable, ‘bonded’ cargo must be processed and handled accordingly, based on
existing guidelines for this type of shipment
• Maintain warehouse clean and free of debris at all times
• Adhere to local, State, and Federal regulations inclusive, but not limited, to OSHA, DOT, EPA
and other government agencies. Certification required to handle any hazardous material(s)
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
Your skills and experience
• Minimum Education: High School or Technical degree
• Ideal candidates will have prior experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment
• Proven basic math skills at the high school level
• Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Computer skills
• Languages: English – Ability to speak, read, write and interpret documents
• Requires frequent walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping
• Requires lifting/lowering, pushing, or pulling of various items of varying weight
• Requires work from heights of up to 20 feet from floor
• Requires work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
General Office Associate