UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Nebraska Tribal Liaison will build partnerships, bridge communication and offer solutions through a culturally appropriate delivery system for Native Americans statewide. The role is required to works with community providers to develop/facilitate health services that are culturally responsive. The position collaborates with medical and behavioral health (BH) providers and others (tribal social services, Bureau of Indian Affairs and state tribal liaisons) to support service delivery. The position will work with the network team and Provider Advocates to address provider adequacy and serve as the single interface for prevention, education and support services such as social determinants of health (SDOH), claims, billing and operations.
This role will be telecommute but will visit sites in the Omaha/ Lincoln, NE area.
If you are located in Omaha/Lincoln, NE, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as lead to work with the network team and provider advocates to address provider adequacy and support to tribal providers with claims and billing
- Develop, manage and maintain strong relationships with community-based organizations, faith based organizations and local Nebraska Medicaid and Long-Term Care to build trust, align work with the State’s priorities for health and healthy opportunities, and ensure proper planning of educational events
- Collaborate with Indian Health Services and Nebraska Medicaid and Long-Term Care tribal liaison to coordinate and facilitate health services delivery in Nebraska
- Schedule and participate in education and awareness events for Medicaid Beneficiaries in assigned Region
- Develop project plan to align with State’s key heath priorities and support health education activities programs as they relate to the target Medicaid population while adhering to Nebraska Medicaid and Long-Term Care marketing guidelines
- Coordinate the implementation of any new and/or modified benefits for the tribal clinics and provide education to clinical staff and members
- Represent UnitedHealthcare at Association meetings, forums and applicable conferences
- Make recommendations to leadership regarding funding for special projects, and subsequently, manage the end-to-end grant process for the local grantee
- Analyzes various types of internal and external data to determine types of educational opportunities to develop in assigned territory
- Exceeds department service standards and productivity goals consistently
- Serves as a valuable resource; externally and cross functionally within the organization
- Identifies innovative way to engage and meet the needs of the underserved
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of experience
- 2+ years in community outreach or social work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of the tribal communities, cultural background of Native American communities
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Live in/within commutable distance of either Omaha, NE or Lincoln, NE
- Travel up to 50% of the time within the contiguous counties in assigned territory
- Ability to work Monday - Friday and outside core business hours, including evenings and weekends, per business needs
- Medicaid or managed care experience
- Established professional relationships with community-based organizations (CBO’s), faith-based organizations (FBO’s), providers and local Department of Health and Human Services
- Tribal member
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
The health system is moving ahead. You can too as you help us build new levels of provider network performance.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.