To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
490A West Zia Road
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
HIM Applications Analyst FT/40HRS
CHRISTUS Health • Santa Fe, NM
Posted 1 month ago
This position supports information management needs of the Health Information Management department and various departments or workflows through project coordination, applications implementation, and ongoing maintenance and support of peripheral hardware and software.
Serves a lead role in the selection, implementation and support of Information Technology & Systems for Health Information Management. Lead the assigned solutions by providing analysis, problem determination and resolution, training, support to staff, system maintenance, and other services as needed.
This position collaborates with Information Systems, Medical Staff, Nursing Services, Organizational Development, Process Improvement and other CHRISTUS St. Vincent, CHRISTUS Health and non-CHRISTUS Health entities to improve and enhance the interchange of clinical information and the computerized medical record.
Participates in the maintenance of the internal HIS document process flows, asses electronic documentation, writing custom reports for Management, maintain a clean Master Patient Index, ensure Physician satisfaction through timely training and support, increase client satisfaction and there by revenue by timely and proper distribution of Lab, Radiology and Transcription reports and Extend Technical support and issue resolution to outside vendors
Assume Project Management role for assigned projects. Plan, schedule, track and monitor progress toward completion of assigned project tasks and milestones.
Support critical software and hardware application requirements for related solutions and is on call for problem resolution.
Performs hands-on application build and system maintenance activities as necessary. Develops testing scripts and training materials as required. Participates in system deployment activities, which may necessitate weekend and/or off-hour support.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Related filed.
Demonstrated experience with current systems analysis principles, methods, procedure, practices, tools and techniques including
- Flow Charts, decision tress, data flow diagrams and related analysis tools and techniques.
- Process, logic and conceptual data modeling.
- Requirement definition and Feasibility Study
Has demonstrated experience with current project management principles, methods, procedures, tools and techniques.
Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with current HIM Systems, Hospital IS applications and design principles and concepts including:
- Database design and optimization
- System and application optimization
- User interfaces and standard data entry methods
- Technical and operations documentation standards. Proven ability to communicate effectively with users and staff who have a variety of levels of knowledge, skills and responsibilities.
- Assist users in the operation of systems and applications programs.
- Develop user, technical and operational training courses and requirements for the related applications.
- Prepare documentation, charts, graphs, project plans, training materials and other written communications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests and system requirements to meet the organizational goals.
Troubleshooting of software, hardware and application issues and documenting them for future reference.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years of experience in Applications Analysis of which 2 years in a health care environment. Experience in the existing and future CSVRMC software and computer applications preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION: Responsible to: Director- Health Information Services
- Bloodborne pathogen A
- General office environment. Knowledge of general safety standards. Exposure to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: General office environment. Episodic sedentary work with intense mental concentration up to seven hours per day. Moderate physical effort (able to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.). Keyboarding up to seven hours per day using sound ergonomic principles. Ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less. Ability to hear via headsets.