JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
- Average pay: $72,000 per year
- Accelerated pay based on experience
- Sign-on bonus: $5,000
- Day 1 benefits: medical, dental, vision, and company-paid life insurance
- 401(K) with annual company match and paid holidays and sick time after your first 90 days
- Home time: Our routes are primarily 2-3 days each and we dispatch Sunday-Friday
McLane Foodservice LaGrange serves customers in the southeastern United States.
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 124 years of success. We’re looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we’ll pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
McLane drivers do much more than drive. Although that’s an important part of the job, being the face of our company to our customers is your primary role. You’re the person they see week after week. You’ll develop strong relationships with our customers that create value and trust. The variety of tasks you’ll perform on each route will ensure you’re never bored. You’ll deliver and unload products safely and on-time to multiple stops each route.
All McLane drivers must be at least 21 years old
You must have a valid CDL Class A license and at least 1 year or 50,000 miles
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Stacking and sorting delivered goods
- Pickups as needed
- Pre- and post-trip equipment/vehicle checks
- Unloading via ramp and hand cart
- Securing empty pallets in truck
- Maintaining the cleanliness of your truck
- Returning equipment following use
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go through a physical assessment and drug test before hire.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a valid Class A commercial driver's license (CDL)
- Have at least 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor trailer driving experience
- Be able to meet McLane's MVR and risk rating qualifications
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Bring a high degree of attention, skill, and dexterity to controlling a tractor trailer and preventing damage to materials and trailer equipment
- Be able to lift and move product and pallets weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Undergo pre-employment screenings, including a background check and a drug test.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.