PROJECT ENGINEER - On-SiteChatsworth, CA
GP Strategies Corporation is a global workforce transformation provider of organizational and technical performance learning solutions. GP Strategies' solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting, and business improvement services customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, automotive, financial services, technology, aerospace & defense industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information can be found at gpstrategies.com.Summary
This position will be responsible for project engineering tasks based out of our Chatsworth, CA facility. Assigned projects will include process system design, mechanical integrity assessment/evaluation, procedure and specification development, equipment sizing and component specification, and process system fabrication.Responsibilities
Develop and maintain schedules and project budgets
Prepare conceptual drawings and layouts in AutoCAD, size valves, regulators, pressure relief devices and other process system components
Prepare ROM cost estimates based on conceptual designs and system criteria
Prepare Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) outlines and apply budgeted hours/costs.Minimum Requirements
- A Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical or industrial engineering is preferred
- or a BS in any engineering field coupled with a strong background in the design and fabrication of ASME process piping systems and ground support equipment
- 5-10 Years of Experience
- Strong project management skills are a requirement
- Must be familiar with and show experience working with:
- ASME Code pressure systems
- Precision cleaned process systems
- Cryogenics and high pressure pneumatics
- Management of technical staff including engineers, technicians and inspector
- Must be a US citizen with a valid driver's license and capable of obtaining a DOD security clearance.
- Must clearly speak, write and understand English.
- Computer software skills are necessary with Excel, Adobe, and Word as minimum requirements.
- Other requirements include:
- Ability to complete assignments and direct project tasks with no supervision.
- Communicate and coordinate directly with client.
- Assist in the development and preparation of technical proposals.
- Strong knowledge of process piping components such as valves, regulators, transducers, gauges.
- Ability to prepare and maintain project schedules, assign responsibilities and tasking to staff
- Multi-tasking is a requirement and will be the norm.
Diversity comes naturally to us at GP Strategies. With more than 4000 employees in over 30 countries, being diverse is second nature. Yet, it's more than just about location, our style focuses on performance and revolves around respect, fairness and working collectively to achieve our goals. We support our people, no matter who they are, or where they are from because they have different perspectives and attitudes. That's how ideas are born and enable us to work smarter.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
- Auto Cad
- Financial Management
- Industrial Engineering