To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- ORLANDO, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Remedy Intelligent Staffing • ORLANDO, FL
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Account Receivable Clerk
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for the receipt and accounting of funds being paid to the organization. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed to account for the receipt of payment for goods and services completed by the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform the day to day processing of Accounts Receivable transactions (Billing and cash/credit card receipts) to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
• Receive and fill out receipts for third party payments, whether by cash, check, credit, and other forms of payment.
• Process and bill tooling bi-monthly.
• Complete credit analysis and review of new clients. Determine credit limits and annual review of major client accounts.
• Post and reconcile customer payments to general ledgers.
• Post A/R data to profit/loss reports, balance sheets, income statements, and other documentation.
• Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
• Balance daily A/R batches; prepare and distribute income reports and statistics to key personnel.
• Maintain monthly sales tax calculations and submit to the state.
• Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
• Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
• Maintain Customer files and file numbers.
• Responsible for Vendor W-9 forms and Certificates of Insurance.
• Monitor, track, and replenish petty cash fund for company.
• Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
• Expedite the resolution of client problems or complaints to ensure client satisfaction and that the issues are handled properly
• Communicate effectively with all teams, operations, and other office personnel to ensure a consistent and effective delivery to the client.
• Endeavor to grow personally and professionally by participating in industry and sales related seminars, workshops, and organizations.
• Provide backup support to the receptionist for answering of phone calls.
• Collaborate with the Controller and CFO to maintain collection goals and general A/R performance levels.
• Performs duties as assigned/necessary which are related, or logical in assignment to the positions
• Undergraduate degree with focus on accounting and/or finance
• 4-6 years hands-on Accounting experience.
• Basic computer skills and word processing.
• Good mathematical background
• Some experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems
• Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
JOB DESCRIPTION ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK
• Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers
• Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic
• Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
• Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings
• Ability to use 10-key calculator for a variety of accounting functions
• Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment
• Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction
• Must meet daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly goals as defined by the Controller
• Meet and exceed weekly, monthly and quarterly activity expectations
• Number of reclass/correcting transactions
• Average accounts receivable collection period
• Number of invoices created versus outstanding
• Number of account reconciliations to be performed manually (vs a reconciliation tool)
In addition to the items above, the performance of the employee will be measured as follows:
• Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the employee.
• Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
• Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
• Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.