Lactation ServicesJob Description:Shifts Available: Full-Time, 8:30a - 3:30p OR 3:00p - 11:00pGeneral Description:
Under general supervision, provides specialized service in a hospital or clinic setting to a select group of pre and postnatal mothers and infants.Essential Responsibilities:Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Responsible for the implementation of a comprehensive breastfeeding program for both inpatients and outpatients
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining all teaching aids.
- Assists with the development of an in-house breastfeeding protocol.
- Reviews and maintains a current file of research and literature on breastfeeding for the staff, physicians and other interested persons.
- Provides telephone consultations for complicated situations, such as multiple births, premature infants, or for problem consultations.
- Manages all breastfeeding equipment and aids and responsible for community education to promote breastfeeding.
- Performs other duties as assigned
In accordance with requirements to obtain certification as a Lactation ConsultantExperience:
In accordance with requirements to obtain certification as a Lactation ConsultantLicensure/Certifications/Registrations Required:
Must have certification from the International Board as Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and be registered through the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners. BLS upon hire.NOTE
: If applying as a Registered Nurse, must be in possession of a temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. Permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment. Registered Nurses in this position must maintain licensure.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to apply knowledge and expertise to educate and assist lactating mothers. Knowledge of current breastfeeding research, techniques and trends. Knowledge of nutrition and dietary requirements as related to nursing mothers and infants. Must be able to interpret technical information in such a way that patients can understand. Excellent presentation, organization and managerial skills for project development. Must have a positive attitude, be a self-starter who can work independently and have good interpersonal skills.
#CBCurrent OU Medicine Employees - Please click HERE to login.OU Medicine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.
Registered Nurse Certified
Basic Life Support