ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The primary purpose of this position is to be responsible for performing asbestos analysis using Polarized Light Microscopy in accordance with prescribed methods and standard operating procedures. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Performs slide preparations of bulk building material and soil samples using established EPA, NVLAP, and NYELAP methods
- Identification and quantitation of regulated asbestos species using Polarized Light Microscopy
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, organized, detail oriented and possess excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Good time management capabilities and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Excel and Word, and able to learn new industry specific software quickly.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Dedication to supporting goals, objectives, and philosophies of ALS.
- A degree in a scientific field desired
- Laboratory experience is strongly desired
- Able to sit for 80% of an 8 hour day.
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers;
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware;
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment;
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the FMLA Law poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view company E-Verify Participation Poster