No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Oracle DBA / Developer for the State of New York All Payer Database (APD) Project, you will be responsible for managing a multi-Terabyte Oracle Exadata environment that contains public and private health care claims and encounter data from insurance carriers, health plans, third-party administrators, pharmacy benefit managers, Medicaid and Medicare. Data is synthesized to support the management, evaluation, and analysis of the NYS health care system.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work closely with the different project work streams to develop highly performant SQL and PL/SQL in support of ETL workflow and application interfaces
- Provide service request support of workstreams, including standard DBA application functions such as account management, stats capture, data movement assistance using export/import, DDL creation and tuning support
- Work closely with the different project work streams to optimize Oracle application objects using partitioning and indexing strategies, compression techniques and other Oracle performance features
- Automate database administration tasks using PL/SQL and shell scripts
- Automate help desk and operational processes using PL/SQL and other languages and tools
- Assist users with both basic SQL questions and sophisticated SQL tuning strategies
- Use Enterprise Manager and other tools for availability and performance monitoring
- Analyze database resource consumption, for problem avoidance and real time performance analysis
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle RDBMS, SQL and PLSQL
- 5+ years of experience in Oracle database development, troubleshooting, and performance tuning of PL/SQL
- 5+ years of experience with Unix/Linux knowledge including Shell scripting
- Work experience in Oracle 12c or later
- Advanced knowledge and experience writing advanced SQL queries, PL/SQL Stored procedures, Functions & Packages to solve business problems.
- Ability to document concise design, development, and testing processes for assigned projects
- Working knowledge and experience with Oracle security features
- Experience with Oracle Performance Monitoring & Tuning
- Experience with Oracle utilities used to support development and operational processes, including stats capture, export/import, Oracle account management, DDL creation and tuning support
- Strong Understanding of Oracle Optimizer, optimizer parameters, parsing mechanism and how optimizer influences in controlling, stabilizing execution plans
- Knowledge of Dimensional Data Modeling and traditional ER data modeling
- Experience with and willingness to support 24x7 production environment
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Healthcare experience
- Knowledge of Oracle APEX
- Exadata knowledge
- Code versioning tool experience with tools such as Tortoise SVN or Perforce
- Informatica tuning experience to assist ETL developers in meeting SLA load requirements
- Tableau performance tuning experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Oracle, DBA, Oracle RDBMS, SQL, PLSQL, technology, healthcare, IT, telecommuter, remote, work from home