To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
OBIEE Business Intelligence Engineer
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
The Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer will work closely with customers, providing technical leadership and direction, to turn data into information that can be used to make business decisions. The BI Engineer is responsible for full life cycle development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the BI Reporting environments, while also supporting the integration of those systems with other applications. The incumbent will design and implement reporting and analytical solutions, including both the design of table structures and the processes used to populate those structures with data from disparate sources.
• Participates in the planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing, and delivery of BI solutions
• Facilitates business/functional and technical requirements gathering sessions
• Analyzes requirements and translates these requirements into robust, scalable solutions
• Performs data conversions, imports, and exports of data within and between disparate software systems
• Designs, develops and tests BI solutions such as data marts/warehouses, queries, views, reports and dashboards
• Develops and maintains technical system and design documentation
• Develops, implements, and enforces migration, versioning, and change control procedures/standards
• Troubleshoots BI tools, systems, software and data
• Tracks, monitors, analyzes and reports on performance and production issues, and implements improvements
• Works directly with management to formulate direction of system technologies
• Possesses a strong customer focus and ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence in the business and IT groups
• Works closely with customers to create ad hoc reports to support timely business decisions
• Presents and explains technical information to diverse types of audiences (management, users, vendors, technical staff) in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
• Provides off-hours support including night and weekend on-call access
• Develops and maintains advanced knowledge of evolving technologies, concepts and trends
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Technical expertise with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) application, architecture and administration tools
• Advances skills in the design and development of OBIEE repository databases (RPDs), analyses and dashboards
• Advanced skills in data analysis, data mining and data modeling (including creating the data mart/warehouse design and table structures)
• Advanced skills in extract, transform and load (ETL) concepts and using ETL tools (e.g. Oracle Data Integrator)
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability