To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ellisville, MS 39437
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Cell Leader - EBPVD
Praxair-PST • Ellisville, MS
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
PG Technologies, LLC, a joint venture between Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., and GE Aviation, focuses on the development, support and application of specialized coatings tailored for GE Aviation’s current and future engine platforms. PG Technologies is headquartered in Ellisville, Mississippi with coating operations in Ellisville, Mississippi, Indianapolis, Indiana and the Republic of Singapore
The Operations Supervisor / EBPVD Cell Leader will directly supervise hourly skilled team members and will be directly responsible for production in a manufacturing environment.
Operations Supervisor / EBPVD Cell Leader
- Embrace the continuous improvement culture, apply tools and maintain all requirements.
- Provide leadership and direction with emphasis on team building through daily shop floor meetings, effective communication, and develop an efficient team which flawlessly executes production requirements, changes and process improvements.
- Establish standards for work effort and performance of subordinates. Provide timely honest feedback on performance standards. Raise the performance bar and advise associates when they are above or below standards. Reward associates for excellence and hold them accountable for their actions.
- Establish/maintain cross-training plans and track associates skills matrix qualifications achieved
- Ensure employees are fully trained in all aspects of safety
- Establish cell work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resources and other priorities
- Manage cell overtime to equitably distribute it and minimize the amount
- Ensure department equipment is clean, properly maintained and uptime is maximized
- Develop cell operational metrics specific to each product line and track performance. Understand the Cells financial impact to the business
- Drive cell Lean principles with energy and passion into the organization - champion for change
- Provide safety training; monitor safety performance; assign and schedule work activities to meet requirements
- Coordinate activities with other departments as needed
- Schedule vacations and maintains attendance records for all team members
- High School Diploma or GED required (Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline preferred)
- 5-7 years minimum of operations, process improvement or training and implementation experience
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Must have excellent organization skills; communication skills and computer proficiency
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations