To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Colorado Springs, CO 80930
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineer I - IRES - SAFB
CH2M & Jacobs • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted 25 days ago
- Design, configure, install, and test IT network and boundary protection devices and systems at MDA remote site locations.
- Provide expertise in a Cisco environment and work with Palo Alto or KG-175 TACLANE encryptors.
- Conduct site surveys, install and configure network and boundary protection solutions.
- Act as program liaison in assisting data collection and validation efforts at each location.
- Provide network design support for the IT Services Team.
- Develop and provide detailed designs with supporting implementation, test, and transition plans.
- Champion proposed system changes through the Configuration Management process to successful implementation for transition to the O&M RBA teams.
- Design and plan network communications systems.
- Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conduct testing of network design.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware; software interconnection and interfacing (e.g. routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc).
- Evaluate and report on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Perform technical validation of network designs in accordance with industry best practices and DoD policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrate team building, leadership, mentoring, and instructing skills.
- Must have 2 years directly related experience in an engineering field.
- Must possess a DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II approved certification or higher (e.g. CompTIA Security CE).
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Network technical experience with a solid understanding of Cisco internal and external routing protocols.
- Possess Cisco certification such as CCNA.
- Local and long-haul data transmission mediums experience (RS-530, T1, OC-x, etc.).
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks (i.e, DoDAF, TOGAF, etc.).
- Experience w/multicast technologies and requirements development and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>