Janssen is actively recruiting for a Sr. Director, Customer Engagement Operations position to be located in Titusville, NJ, reporting to the Vice President, Commercial Excellence.
The Senior Director, Customer Engagement Operations leads the development of creative capabilities that enables Janssen’s business units to optimally engage with customers and drive competitive advantage through agile deployment and execution. This leader will be responsible for driving a change management agenda within the business that will ultimately lead to seamless transition to and adoption of new capabilities, platforms and systems within Janssen. As a core member of the Commercial Excellence Leadership Team, this leader is responsible for using cross-functional teams across Commercial Optimization and Deployment (COD), Sales Operations and Field Reporting (SO), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Incentive Compensation Strategy and Design (IC) to inform critical business decisions through transformative insights and analytics. In close partnership with Business Unit senior leadership and the Field/Marketing Leadership Boards (JF/MLB), this position plays a leading role in crafting and executing high impact strategies to optimize resource deployment and ultimately drive improved customer engagement.
The Senior Director works across all Janssen’s Therapeutic Areas and SCG to optimize the resources invested in the personal selling channel with the potential to expand this to other channels (e.g. marketing) over time. Through a staff of approximately 32 people, and direct oversight of the associated resources and budget, the leader supports Janssen’s entire portfolio across all major products. While not an element of the initial scope, going forward the role is likely to expand to include Actelion.
- Acts as a senior trusted advisor to Business Unit Leadership Team members:
- Applies executive level leadership, problem solving and social skills to drive significant organizational impact and accelerate growth through agile execution of customer engagement operations.
- Provides strategic oversight and input into customer segmentation and targeting, optimization of field force deployment, operationalization of customer engagement plans, field execution analytics and reporting, incentive compensation design, strategy and operations.
- Develops and drives a change management agenda to influence the business to embrace new capabilities, tools, techniques particularly in emerging areas such as marketing operations.
- Represents Commercial Excellence on the Field Leadership Board (and in the future Marketing Leadership Board and Digital Governance Board), with broad oversight of all CE-related activities primarily for the demand generating sales force, but potentially in the future for other channels as well:
- Collaborates with Customer Insights and Strategy (CIS) and other CE teams supporting the BUs to deliver on the long- and short-term strategic goals related to demand generating sales force.
- Collaborates with Account Management Council and Key Account Management Learning and Development function to develop optimal deployment plans, metrics and analytics to enable and measure success of Key Account Management strategy and roles in SCG and BUs.
- Deploys CE resources against Integrated local market / regional analytics and field reporting design.
- Delivers strategic analytics to shape key customer engagement decisions for the Strategic Customer Group (payer and provider customers)
- Leverages and deploys return on investment analytics for critical decisions including sales force optimization, customer targeting strategy, as well as incentive comp strategy and design
- Defines and handles the budget for Customer Engagement Operations-related Commercial Excellence activities, making appropriate trade-offs to support priority initiatives.
- Integrates customer and market insights in collaboration with CIS teams, and translates them into significant business impact through effective organizational and growth strategies and agile execution:
- Analyzes customer data and scans the external market, interpreting emerging customer and market dynamics events and defining the implications for Janssen as we seek to optimize our promotional investments.
- Collaborates with CE LT members to develop effective resource deployment and field force motivation strategies through deep customer insights, competitive landscape and external environmental analysis.
- Develops, shapes and analyzes key performance indicators of field force (and over time, other channel) execution across BUs along with delivering national, local, account-level and territory-level insights and root cause analytics shaping product and portfolio performance.
- Builds systems to enable front-line field force personnel and home office management teams to monitor execution performance, including impact of payer, corporatized provider and policy dynamics, both at national and local level.
- Develops a creative vision, builds an experimentation mindset and drives a change management agenda across the business to drive business impact above and beyond the current state of capabilities.
- Collaborates with Advanced Analytics and Payer Provider Insights and Analytics to drive continued AI/Machine Learning based deployment and call planning processes, robotic process automation and integration of local/national market access and payer/provider insights to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of customer engagement efforts
- Experiments with digital and marketing analytics to optimize the impact of investments in non-personal promotional channels.
- Drives a test and learn mindset with new customer facing roles, innovative go-to-market models and customer engagement efforts across all promotional channels.
- Leads suite of external vendors (e.g. ZS, Axtria, Veeva) with accountability for budget (direct + indirect) of over $10M annually, implementing ongoing strategic transformation of commercial operations and proactively innovating to deliver speed to executional impact.
- Attracts and develops elite talent, and encourages team to achieve substantial business impact: Defines and builds the team, processes and systems required to ensure industry-leading CE support for BUs and SCG in terms of resource deployment, sales operations, CRM and Incentive compensation.
- Initiates and develops internal collaborations and builds positive, constructive relationships across all levels and disciplines (e.g., with CIS and CI&O team members, Marketing and Sales teams, external business and agency partners) to demonstrate knowledge and efforts
- Demonstrates the ability to orchestrate activities across large teams and integrate/synthesize multiple outputs to drive impact
- Recruits, develops, nurtures and engages the team to continuously upgrade the organization with the CE-ONE vision in mind
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
- A Master’s or MBA is preferred
- A minimum of 12 years of business experience is required.
- Experience in a sales or marketing role in pharma is required
- Experience utilizing Commercial Operations deliverables in Pharma/Biotech is required
- Experience managing vendors on large transformation projects with significant ($M) operational and capital budgets is required
- Experience leading large teams to deliver transformations is required.
- Consulting and/or internal client management experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 15% of them is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (6062)
Customer Relationship Management