::The Sierra Vista Hospital location, a 171-bed psychiatric care facility located in south Sacramento, is a full-service mental health facility and a center of support for patients and their families. Since 1986, we have offered our clinical expertise to those suffering from emotional, behavioral and addiction problems.
We are currently looking for FT/PT/Per Diem Mental Health Technicians for the following shifts
AM Shift 0700-1530
PM Shift 1500-2330
NOC Shift 2300-0730
All shifts include weekends
The Mental Health Technician (MHT) functions as an active part of the treatment team, providing continuous patient care, supervision, interaction, and role modeling to patients ranging in age from adolescent through geriatrics. Mental Health Technicians work under the direction of a Registered Nurse. The Mental Health Technician is responsible for providing treatment activities to the patient, which includes conducting community groups.
Why is Sierra Vista Hospital a great place to work?
- Dynamic people
- Team-oriented environment
- Opportunity for advancement
- Great training program for new grads!
- Rewarding career opportunities
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation's largest and most respected health care management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion.
****Benefits available for FT & PT positions: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, and 401k
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; or Degree from an accredited college or university in healthcare or related field, preferred.
- 6 months patient care experience required. Two (2) years of related experience, with knowledge of psychiatric patient care techniques with understanding of mental illness, preferred.
- Experience with, or willing to, work with Adolescents with behavioral problems highly preferred
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- CPR certification required. Successful completion of the hospital’s designated behavioral and physical management training program or equivalent including de-escalation and appropriate use of seclusion and restraint required prior to assisting in the procedures. May be required to work overtime and flexible hours.