To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Manchester, MI 48158
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Amcor • Manchester, MI
Posted 1 month ago
Amcor Rigid Plastics
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Ann Arbor, MI (Area)
This position reports to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (“FP&A”) - Beverage and is responsible for managing the FP&A function within the Beverage Business Unit in North America. The position will provide financial leadership and drive continuous improvement in the areas of forecasting, budgeting, analysis and strategic planning and serve as a strategic business and financial partner to the Vice President of Operations. By collaborating with finance and manufacturing operations colleagues, the Manager, FP&A will also lead Beverage Business Unit strategic initiatives and collaborate with internal cross functional teams to implement best practices across North American finance systems and processes.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Improve manufacturing operations by serving as a thought leader and liaison between plants and corporate HQ
- Complete profit improvement projects that cover multiple plants or both operating regions
- Analyze and interpret actual financial performance vs. operating plan, forecast and prior year results
- Generate financial forecasts and review with Beverage management; identify key risks/opportunities
- Understand key drivers of product line and customer profitability
- Track capital spending and perform post capital reviews for the Board of Directors
- Provide direction and thought leadership to the senior controllers and plant controllers on financial matters and process improvement opportunities
- Ensure planning processes stay on track and meet stakeholder expectations
- Lead the teams preparing detailed budgets for sales volumes, gross margin, capital expenditures, depreciation and Beverage Business Unit SG&A departments
- Oversee plant and Business Unit reporting used for management reviews
- Enhance and standardize the use of operational and financial data
- Streamline and improve planning processes
- Manages team of direct reports and is responsible for employee selection, development, mentoring, and performance management. Responsible for overall talent management and employee engagement; cultivates an environment of safety, high performance, and ethical and legal compliance; addresses employee relations issues
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA/CPA preferred
- 7+ years of progressively increased responsibility in a financial lead or business analyst role in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced Excel skills; strong IT systems experience and aptitude (SAP, BW, BPC, Business Objects, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Developing detailed / complex financial modeling, forecasting and what-if scenarios
- Experience developing financial statements (P&L, B/S, Cash Flow)
- Strong experience using / applying financial terminology and concepts
- Coordinating large projects / groups of people
- Analyzing product-line profitability and employing activity-based-costing theories
- Travel 10%
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
Building Effective Teams
- Direct report: Sr. Financial Operations Analyst, Beverage
- Vice President Operations, Beverage
- Vice President Commercial Finance, Beverage
- Sr. Regional Controllers
- Vice President FP&A - Beverage
- Vice President and General Manager, Beverage
- Vice President Finance, Amcor Rigid Plastics
- Global & Shared Services Finance teams
- Diversified Products Finance team
☐Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Driving – Automobile/truck/van
Work Environment : Office Environment
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.