To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Regional Operations Manager
FlagStar Bank • Rochester, MI
Posted 1 month ago
- Prepare for Internal and external auditing by conducting & preparing summaries of Branch Audits/Procedural Reviews. Conducts procedural branch audits and follow-up audits as required, which cover various detailed compliance, security and operational items. Conducts applicable Home Loan Center audits and report results. Reviewing results with branch management and Market Management for each audit conducted. Reviewing procedures to ensure branch compliance. Analyzes data and makes recommendations for procedural improvements and efficiencies. Annual review of audit procedures to ensure they are up to date with current policies.
- Assist with training and developing branch and assistant management teams. Lead and participate in various meetings and conference calls with market and branch management to ensure team is current on all procedural changes and continuing education on current procedures and processes. Track necessary required compliance training to ensure it is completed on time. Answers questions as they may arise from branch management and branch team members. Coach new/existing management team members regarding operational functions (branch visits). Develop and review action plans with branch management to remediate any branch audit issues and findings. Coach branches on a weekly basis for account quality improvements.
- Hold branches accountable for their operational responsibilities to protect against fraudulent activity. Review daily, weekly and monthly quality and operational reports. The reports may indicate issues of compliance or procedural issues that could put the bank at risk of loss. Follow up with branch teams to ensure training and understanding of issues to prevent future occurrences, where needed. Research losses or potential losses due to procedural violations and review with branch teams, as well as review monthly reporting to ensure branch management is within the guidelines. Any issues will be reported to market managers and/or branch managers as necessary.
- Review and compile reports to monitor for quality issues and address accordingly. Review reports generated daily, weekly and monthly to ensure accuracy of several areas of account quality and compliance such as CIP (Customer Identification Policy), KYC (Know Your Customer) and other reports to detect possible compliance errors or fraudulent activity. Ensure branch understands and corrects any issues that are reported in a timely manner. Ensure data warehouse reports are reviewed by the Regional Operations Managers. Compile and distribute necessary reports and investigate any questions or gather feedback regarding operational aspects.
- Other operational bank branch aspects and procedural updates to cover federal regulations and compliance. Responsible for approving transactions above branch management limits including (but not limited to); wire transfers, cashier's checks, cash withdrawals, as well as approving procedure and account opening exceptions. Assist with current alarm codes for employees, as needed. Act as Records Retention Lead for each banking center with the responsibility of overseeing all records retention activities. This includes onsite branch training and preparation, maintaining branch logins to the IM Connect website, ensuring semi-annual clean-up of shared drives and branch physical records is completed, approval of destruction of records at Iron Mountain and completing an annual spring clean-up initiative. Data Loss Protection Lead for assigned branches with the responsibility of closing all branch events, providing coaching/training to any employees that violate Data Loss Protection policies, as well as escalating any potential security breaches. Lead contact and coordinator for all branch new builds, relocations, and closings. Assist Investigative Services in investigating suspected fraud, balancing issues, or any other employee related fraud. Partner directly with market manager for assistance in employment issues arising from operational/performance matters. Partner directly with various departments to assist with escalated customer issues and help develop procedures and improve upon existing procedures. On call to assist with procedural inquiries from branches and escalated items from other regional operations managers to provide supervisory authority limit review and approvals for various items. Investigate matters to assist with holding staff accountable regarding procedures and practices. Track and analyze data and make recommendations for department improvements. Participate in committee meetings and various projects throughout the year. Develop and maintain strong rapport with peers, market managers, departments and bank branch employees. Communicate changes, updates or problems with applicable bank branches. On call to assist and visit branches in the event of robbery or emergency circumstances. Review of branch management over and short.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar’s internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- High School diploma, GED, or foreign equivalent required.
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- 4+ years in leadership and management.
- 3+ years banking operations and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Intermediate technical and computer skills; ability to navigate quickly within various computer programs.
- Thorough understanding of MS Office Suite required.
- Ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to think quickly under pressure.
- Must be action-oriented with a great sense of customer and quality focus.
- Able to function independently.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Desire to learn and develop professionally.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with other business units.
- Previous experience with branch audits preferred
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing operational requirements and procedures in a Retail Bank
- Roughly 20-30% travel required.
For Internal use only: Job band G