Staffmark is partnered with a well-established mortgage company that is looking for a Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant for their Scottsdale office.This company is looking for a dedicated and passionate team player who thrives on success. This is a mid-sized lender that is committed to providing a great environment and the salary is competitive!
Find the full job description below.
To provide high level of customer service to the Loan Officer, Borrower, Agents and All parties involved with the transaction during the lead in to contract accepted timeframe. The Loan Officer Partner/Assistant (LP1/LOA) will assist the Team in growing their business while learning the industry, marketing and sales strengths to find prospects, generate leads, and convert application opportunities to loans. Will ensure that reports, communication and client documentation are accurate and done in a timely manner. Will abide by all the ethical rules and regulatory guidelines in all aspects of the work.
- Flexible and accepts change
- Strong communicates skills
- Operates with minimal supervision and latitude for independent action
- Disciplined personal planning and time management skills with excellent follow up
- Works effectively with different personality types
- Proactive, self-motivated and internal drive
- Deals well with customer objections
- Builds rapport and confidence quickly
- Passionate in helping others
- Passionate in helping others
- Excellent organizational skills
- Database management skills
- High accuracy and quality-minded
- Builds trust with clients, co-workers and referral partners
- Precise thinking and implementation
- Proficient with numbers and systems
- Systems & Detailed-oriented
The Loan Officer Assistant plays an important role in the organization by performing, under direct supervision, a number of activities related to assisting the team to build complete loan files for submission and preapproval. Structure and handle Conventional, FHA, VA, Jumbo and Bond mortgage loans to ensure compliance with Company, secondary market investor, and government agency standards. Achieve production and quality metrics. Liaison between loan officer, borrower, and referral partners. Prepare and review loan files to ensure completeness of submission and supporting documents, as well as compliance with underwriting and investor guidelines. Monitor overall loan lead time to ensure the client is preapproved in a timely manner. Communicate and coordinate the resolution of issues that delay loan preapproval. “Go to” subject matter expert/lead when Supervisor/Lead is not available.
- Make minimum of 50 outgoing calls a day
- Assist originator in appointment setting with prospective and new applicants.
- Provide new lead call backs within 20 minutes and maintain a 35% conversion rate from lead to appointment.
- Set and confirm appointments for originator and manage calendar.
- Provide administrative support managing various client databases (Sales Force, Lead tracker, POP, Zillow, etc.).
- Take applications over the phone and/or send new clients online pre-qualification link on behalf of originator.
- Assist the team with obtaining an accurate and thorough 1003.
• Analyze customer’s credit and financial scenario and determining appropriate loan product(s).
• Run credit, credit plans & AUS findings
• Pull and prep web applications and other duties
• Request status updates from pre-approved clients and referral sources (weekly TBD calls).
• Keep up to date with company approved programs, loan guidelines and software systems; implement and execute new systems for team and clients.
• Provide marketing support by coordinating, creating, obtaining compliance approval, tracking, and distributing advertising materials as needed for referral partners.
• Manage monthly compliance-approved email marketing to realtors.
- Monitor the overall lending process, and identify, resolve and communicate issues that could impact timely closure of loans.
- Analyze loan-to-value ratio, debt-to-income ratio, credit report, application, income and assets, source(s) of down payment funds and examine supporting documentation to identify potential fraud or misrepresentation. Identify potential issues and communicate to consumer and loan officer.
- Use and modify templates to compose professional correspondence and emails.
- Provide status updates to Loan Officers and/or borrowers.
- Order and review all third party documentation, including credit checks, verifications of employment/assets, title reports, appraisals, tax returns, etc. to identify and address potential issues.
- Check ratios, and verify accuracy of AUS findings and program applicability.
- Review and verify documentation integrity to ensure it aligns with findings, completeness and compliance, and submit loan file to underwriting for approval.
- Identify qualifying/program issues prior to submission to Underwriting, and re-structure loan as necessary.
- Provide options within guidelines and makes recommendations if borrowers may qualify for suitable programs.
- Update and verify accuracy of data input into system.
- Verify compliance with Company standards, federal and agency regulations, standards, and guidelines, as well as any applicable state-specific and or local regulations, ordinances, etc.
- Communicate with all parties involved in the transaction to keep them informed of file status on a weekly basis or as conditions come up.
- Remain current on mortgage regulatory guidelines and lender program guidelines.
- Pricing loan in accordance with our policies and communicating fees to operations team.
- Quoting interest rates regarding locking to customer.
- Maintain referral source relationships through quick response time and excellent custom service.
- Prepare and send thank you cards to referral sources and new clients.
- Collect supporting documentation from customer, gathering necessary documentation for pre-approval.
- Act as a point of contact for the customer and referral source, keeping them informed throughout the process.
- Discuss loan product features with customer.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain a NMLS license that is in good standing and renewed yearly.
- Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; occasionally walks and/or stands.
- Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Active MLO licensing required. Must have within 60 days of hire date
Compensation, Benefits, Hours:
We offer a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including:
- Options: Salary, Salary + Bonus, Bonus
- We pay 75% towards your insurance
- Review after 90 days
- Hours are 8-5 or 9-6
Sr. Recruiter, CSC
Internal Extension 5070
Staffmark makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-verify employer.