Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Position Summary: The General Manager will provide leadership and direction that places emphasis on continued growth while proving quality, service, and fiscal efficiency. The General Manager will oversee business development and regional operations, as well as sales in the Southeast region. Duties include but are not limited to building and maintaining relationships with key clients and monitoring and ensuring the highest level of quality and service while efficiently managing a profitable operation and consistently implementing best practices to promote CPL values and mission statement.
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
- Drive continued growth through services that enhance customer relationships, increased sales force effectiveness and pricing strategy
- Understand changes in the healthcare industry that could potentially impact business opportunities. Determine current business needs and opportunities for future business growth.
- Plans and implement strategies for growth and retention of laboratory market share.
- Manages for P&L performance that meets the short and long-term goals of CPL.
- Demonstrate credibility to deepen relationships with new and existing clients.
- Lead the day-to-day operations to advance strategy, culture, talent development with an emphasis on productivity and efficiency.
- Build and foster an environment of excellence that encourages employees to achieve their full potential and maintain a culture of accountability.
- Establishes clear responsibilities, objectives and goals that maintain an ongoing focus on business development and superior client service.
- Instills the necessary values and monitors personnel to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Position and communicate the vision and services of the organization to customers, business partners and employees by maintaining a high degree of external visibility to enhance and maintain a competitive advantage.
- Support the development of collaborative relationships and foster an environment of open communication that stimulates a team oriented atmosphere to solve problems and identify new business opportunities.
Education: Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent experience. MBA preferred but not required.
Experience: 10+ years of medical management (preferably laboratory medicine), to include:
- Management of multiple facilities and departments (Stat Labs, Patient Service Centers, Logistics, and various service departments); and/or
- Strong General Operations Management experience with a focus on business growth and development.
Skills: The ability to communicate effectively both orally and written. The ability to analyze financial reports and negotiate contracts. The skill set of exuding leadership at all levels.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.