Customer Service/Medical Claims Representative
$16.00 - $18.00 per hour
Glendale, CaJob Description:
* Achieve claims quality, customer service, and operational objectives.
* Proactively work claims to ensure file quality meets claim handling guidelines as well as any client requirements.
* High level of productivity measured according to the age and complexity of the assigned caseload.
* Maintains a timely diary of claims.
* Consistently achieves audit scores of 90% and above.
* Focuses on providing the client with an outstanding work product.
* Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
* May be required to prepare reports for clients and/or present claims in a round-table setting or at a claim review.
* Develops strategies for claims resolution with file notes reflecting clarity, focus, control/management, and momentum.
* Identifies/utilizes vendors and effectively manages the vendors to achieve satisfactory results on both the expense and indemnity costs.Requirements:
* Five or more years of experience in the P&C industry preferred, Public Entity experience a plus
* Two or more years of experience handling complex/litigated claims and litigation management
* College degree preferred
* Insurance designation preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Strong computer skills and Microsoft applications preferred
* Knowledge of claims processes and procedures, in addition to the overall knowledge of the insurance industry
* Read and understand legal documents.
***Tech savvy with Microsoft Office Suite
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.