To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
One Monarch Place
Springfield, MA 01144
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Hotel Operations (MGM Springfield)
MGM Resorts International • Springfield, MA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
It is the primary responsibility of the Director of Hotel Operations to oversee the management and operation of Front Desk, Front Services, and Guest Services departments, to resolve guest challenges by exceeding their expectations, and to ensure all activities performed within the department are in accordance with the company’s business objectives, budgetary guidelines, and established safety standards.
• Manage assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan, the fiscal budget, and the company’s short-term and long-term profitability objectives.
• Continuously evaluate staffing levels in accordance with business demand, forecasts, and budgetary guidelines; ensuring necessary adjustments are made as needed.
• Manage Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
• Manage/execute the development, implementation, and measurement of guest service standards within Front Desk, Front Services, Transportation, and Guest Services, consistent with established guidelines/standards.
• Assist in development of cost proposals and cost estimates for equipment, departmental changes, and allocation of resources, as needed.
• Oversee/manage accountability processes for departments; ensures compliance with budgetary guidelines, company policies, established departmental guidelines/standards, and legal requirements.
• Develop, prepare, and distribute all documentation/spreadsheets required for tracking, productivity, revenue, and executive review, with both accuracy and timeliness.
• Work closely in mentoring/coaching manager/supervisors in additional tasks/responsibilities to optimize advancement opportunities available for subordinate staff.
• Participate in the research, development, evaluation, and implementation of new products, services, technology, and processes to ensure MGM Springfield’s competitive position in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality/gaming environment.
• Monitor, consistently reevaluate, and implement effective guidelines/procedures for operational efficiencies, guest service, and cost/inventory control.
• Conduct regular staff meetings, and promotes a free exchange of ideas among employees to continuously improve guest service and job satisfaction.
• Maintain complete knowledge of, and complies with, all departmental policies, service procedures, and standards.
• Develop/maintain current knowledge/familiarity with all hotel services/features and local attractions to respond to guest inquiries.
• Work closely with supervisory staff to identify/resolve operational inefficiencies.
• Provide management guidance and technical direction in the resolution of problems associated with Front Desk, Front Services, Transportation, and Guest Services.
• Ensure all pertinent information is communicated to staff on a daily basis.
• Review daily business levels, anticipates critical situations, and plans effective solutions to best expedite/resolve these situations.
• Provide guest resolution for all issues/concerns beyond the scope of authority designated to subordinate staff in an expedient and professional manner, exceeding expectations, and ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Other job related duties as requested
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
• Front Desk Manager
• Front Services Manager
• Guest Services Manager
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Business Management, or related field, or equivalent work experience
• At least seven (7) years of management experience with at least four (4) years’ experience working in hotel operations of a luxury or major hotel brand
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
• Working knowledge of Opera
• Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
• Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• Technical knowledge of property management systems and of PC software (MS Word and Excel).
• Maintain professional behavior with guests, owners, and co-workers in challenging situations.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
• Regular scheduled hours : Work Days: Varies Hours: Varies
• Other – Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours. Travel will be required.