This position is the welcome hub for Southfield Town Center. The Receptionist will manage the front desk /reception area, and serve visitors by greeting and directing them appropriately and notifying company personnel of visitor arrival as required. Additionally, the Receptionist will maintain security, handle all courier and delivery services, and be the conduit for all building maintenance issues and requests. This role performs a broad range of duties to support the Administration team. This role exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality in handling work objectives.
- Welcomes and directs visitors by greeting them, in person or by telephone; answering or referring inquiries as appropriate and notifying company personnel of visitor arrival, as required
- Manages organization communications by maintaining employee and department directories
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbooks; tracking/issuing visitor badges
- Maintains safe and clean reception area
- Oversees the supplies and maintenance of office and kitchen areas by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other duties as needed
- Assists in on-boarding and off-boarding activities for employees and contract staff
- Acts as a first responder for space related issues
- Maintains staff cubicle assignments and identifies space for visiting employees
- Schedules appointments and meetings, maintain calendars and ensure all required information is prepared for scheduled appointments and meetings.
- Prepares, edits and proofreads general correspondence including memos, letters, e-mails, spreadsheets, corporate forms and presentations
- Tracks equipment and coordinate repairs including changes and upgrades
- Assists with coordination of office activities maintaining confidentiality of information processed.
- Prioritizes and follows up on information and incoming/outgoing requests, keeping management updated as necessary.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 19-1743
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.