To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Wastewater Operator- Johns Creek, GA
Veolia North America • Atlanta, GA
Posted 1 month ago
Other Great Industries
Summary: Operate all plant processes and equipment to control flow and processing of wastewater. Assists in the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant and related facilities.
- Monitors gauges, meters, and control panels.
- Observes conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings to determine process requirements and needed adjustments.
- Operates valves, gates, and equipment either manually or by remote control to control unit processes.
- Extracts samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses as required for process control and permit compliance.
- Maintains plant records and shift logs.
- Performs routine maintenance functions and custodial duties.
- Assist in operator training, safety training, and emergency response procedures.
- Alerts supervisory personnel to any unusual or possible critical situation that may upset or alter normal treatment facility operations.
- Assists in the development of all reports including the operation of HACH WIMMS.
- Works assigned work schedule as required to complete job duties.
- Operates sludge disposal equipment.
- May be required to rotate into Weekend Duty schedule.
- Comply with all Veolia Water Safety and Environmental Compliance Policies and Programs
- Performs any other related operational, maintenance or laboratory task as required.
- Must hold an active GA Class 1, 2 or 3 wastewater license.
- Able to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions).
- Preferred experience with knowledge of the methods, techniques, and practices of wastewater treatment.
- Able to learn and independently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses and measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
- Able to use computer programs for process control.
- Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
Veolia is interested in recruiting top talent in the wastewater treatment industry. We offer great benefits, an annual bonus and competitive wages.
Veolia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job ID: 98358
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.