To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lincoln, RI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
HR Business Partner
United Natural Foods, Inc. • Lincoln, RI
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The HR Business Partner is responsible for executing day to day business support and action items related to key projects and initiatives within the group. Reporting to the HR Manager, the HR Business Partner is responsible for effective execution of human resources tactics in areas such as Talent Development, Engagement, Recognition, Performance Management, Organizational Development, Training, Associate Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Risk Safety, Labor Relations, Sustainability and Philanthropy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
Execution of HR Activities and Programs
- Executes on assigned HR functions, accurately and timely.
- Leverages best practices and participates in collaboration within the HR organization.
- Executes on tactics supporting HR programs
- Builds effective working relationships with HR team and across the organization.
- Completes reports and information requests accurately and timely.
- Maintains and updates HRIS records and associate files. Ensures associate files are complete and compliant.
- Submits information to payroll accurately and timely.
- Collaborates with HR colleagues to share best practices and leverage successes across the company. Supports peer networks across the company.
- Executes tactics to support core annual programs, such as performance objectives and goal setting, performance evaluations, compensation planning, talent assessment, succession planning, wellness, annual enrollment, etc.
- Executes tactics to support local programs for areas such as talent acquisition, engagement, recognition, training, wellness, and labor relations.
- Possesses working knowledge of HR policies and procedures as well as federal, state/province and local laws.
- Executes human resources tactics, including recordkeeping, talent management, associate transfers, employee relations, terminations, exit interviews, etc. in accordance with Company procedures and applicable legal requirements.
- Provides transparency into work.
- Leverages network for learning when encountering a new challenge.
- Manages personal development following changes to company/region/facility/group strategy.
- Builds effective working relationships with business leaders.
- Leverages an understanding of business needs.
- Participates and collaborates in supervisor, management and staff meetings.
Talent Acquisition & Onboarding
- Responsible for implementing the workforce and talent agenda that attracts the right people in a competitive market and drives enterprise productivity.
- Partners with other HR and Business leaders to conduct interviews as requested.
- Conducts new hire orientation, as assigned, and ensures that new associates are well informed of HR benefits, policies and programs.
- Deliver training programs, as assigned.
Engagement & Associate Relations
- Responsible for being a steward of the company culture.
- Ensures that associate questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Implements associate engagement events and activities, as assigned.
- Addresses associate concerns with open communication techniques. Communicates with associates in a timely and courteous manner. Escalates associate issues to appropriate party for resolution.
- Travel may be required, up to 10%.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- PHR/SPHR/CHRL/CPHR Certification preferred
- 3-5 years of HR experience, or related field required
- Working knowledge of Federal, state/province and local employment laws
- Understanding of general Human Resources policies/practice
- Understanding of compensation and benefit policies and programs, employee relations practices
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Intermediate MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Basic analytical skills preferred
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail required
- Communicating Effectively
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Displaying Confidence and Composure
- Assessing and Understanding People
- Delivering High Quality Work