Part time (up to 3 days per week), flexible shifts. Reporting to the designated supervisor or manager, operate motor vehicles on and off auction premises in support of auction activities. Safely move, stage, and park vehicles in the correct lot area. Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or manager. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times. Must be able to drive in all types of road conditions including heavy and metropolitan traffic.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide excellent customer service:
• Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention.
• Maintain a professional appearance, orderly work environment and friendly disposition by greeting others.
• Be familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer complaints or disputes. Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the designated manager of all complaints or incidences.
2. Operate motor vehicles in a safe and efficient manner:
• Always operate motor vehicles safely and practice conservative, cautious and courteous driving habits.
• Perform various duties such as moving, staging and parking vehicles in the designated lot area in support of daily auction activities. As directed from the Lead Van Driver, move vehicles from one spot on the auction lot to another to maintain an efficient flow of vehicles throughout the auction process. Efficiently move vehicles from the finish line to the designated parking spot for the upcoming sale using alphanumeric ordering.
• Scan parked vehicles in AuctionTrac system to maintain accurate inventory and record movement of vehicles on the lot.
• Promptly notify designated manager of all driving related incidents and if anything occurs, which may potentially jeopardize the ability to physically or legally operate a motor vehicle.
• Practice proper loss prevention and reaction procedures in accordance with policy. Report all incidents properly and immediately to designated manager.
• Maintain work area and conditions to ensure safe environment for all employees and customers. Respond to and follow proper company policy procedures involving accidents (customer or employee), injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to designated manager or supervisor immediately.
3. Other responsibilities:
• Maintain and assure good operating condition of all equipment and facilities. Advise designated manager of all breakdowns and maintenance needs immediately.
• Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the designated manager.
• Practice and promote company Core Values.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Effective communication skills required.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions is required.
• Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to read English and/or comprehend alphanumeric ordering and motor vehicle traffic signs required.
• Must be insured and/or insurable if required by the state.
• Must submit to and pass controlled substance investigation and testing in accordance with company policy. Must not be under the influence of any condition or substance that could distract or impair the ability to safely and efficiently operate a motor vehicle.
• Must not have a motor vehicle record or criminal record that does not meet the minimum standards set by company policy.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical activity requirements of the position are Heavy Physical Work.
Constant – driving, sitting, standing, balancing, reaching, pushing, pulling, fingering, feeling, grasping
Frequent – walking, talking, listening
Occasional – lifting, carrying, kneeling, crouching, stooping
Potential – running, jumping, yelling, or other rapid or forceful movement in emergency situations
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards, such as electrical current, moving mechanical parts, exposure to hot equipment and cleaning and pesticide chemicals; and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with internal and external service station/convenience food and petroleum dispensing operations.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbents in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instruction or duties requested by an authorized person. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.