We are currently seeking an Outside Sales Representative with excellent organization skills and a personable disposition. The ideal candidate has a natural ability to roll with the punches, being flexible to handle anything that might come their way. You’ll be a strong and reliable support to company operations, maintaining procedures, communication and customer service. Not only will your efforts allow us to achieve organizational efficiency, you will nurture the pleasant work environment our people love.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Sells/markets products in assigned area (familiarity with brick and territory a plus)
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers; business directories; industry ads; trade shows; internet web sites; and other sources.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes sellable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales contracts for orders.
- Estimates date of delivery to the customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing agents.
- Investigates and resolves customer delivery issues.
Skills and Experience Required for Success
- 1+ years of outside sales experience (Brick sales preferred)
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with customers
- Demonstrated prioritization/time management skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
Competencies Required for Success
- Stays current with industry and market information that may reveal sales opportunities
- Seizes opportunities as they arise
- Handles crisis effectively
- Ability to quickly establish rapport
- Analyses situations systematically
- Bachelor degree preferred or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Create Sale Plan
Identifying New Prospects
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 537055
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Advantage Resourcing is a member of a family of staffing companies owned by parent Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd., based in Tokyo Japan. Advantage Resourcing has offices in the U.S., Canada, UK and Sydney, Australia. The Advantage Resourcing service delivery model is “local market focus”, meaning that Advantage Resourcing learns client requirements for primary skill sets in every local market we serve.
View the full profile
Through our local market intelligence, we acquire resumes, screen and qualify candidates and prepare to deliver talent and solutions to our clients locally. Because of our vast global network, we also service clients who live and work in multiple geographies and countries as needed. It is not uncommon for Advantage Resourcing to manage human resource and staffing solutions for one client in multiple cities, states, and even countries. We are able to find the perfect candidate for a job one mile away, but we can respond to our clients needs whether they be 400 or 4,000 miles away while managing all of the international employment challenges, such as immigration and worker mobility issues, cultural anomalies, and currency conversions.