We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title
Lead Project Engineer - Power Electronics
Job Description Summary
The Lead Project Engineer – Power Electronics will be primarily responsible for leading the analysis/synthesis, development, allocation and management of technical requirements for AAM’s advanced power electronics products. In addition, they will perform the system design, analysis, integration and test of power electronics systems to ensure compliance to customer and internal requirements. The position will AAM’s power electronics products are properly specified and designed with balanced requirements and validated to customer requirements.
- Lead power electronics project planning, design, development testing, and release of new products within the advanced engineering group
- Develop power electronic inverter designs for vehicle traction applications and analyze through analytical simulation tools
- Ensure the logical and systematic translation of customer and internal requirements into product requirements
- Understand the vehicle system components and functions that interface to the power electronics and controls subsystem
- Create subsystem technical specification for power electronic systems
- Perform the electrical design, simulation, and analysis of power electronic circuits and systems to meet technical product requirements
- Perform the electrical debug, test, characterization, and validation of power electronics designs
- Specify, procure, and operate required equipment for testing
- Specify, identify, select, and test of key, critical electrical components
- Lead the design and layout of circuit boards, substrates, & electrical interconnects/bus structures
- Work with other engineering competencies, suppliers, and partners to ensure proper development, execution and verification of power electronics products
- Document and shares best-practices
Required Skills and Education
- BS Electrical Engineering required
- MS Electrical Engineering preferred
- Power Electronics hardware and/or software design experience preferred
- Experience in specifying, mechanizing, integrating, and testing of DC to AC inverter motor drives and controls
- Knowledge of Functional Safety (ISO 26262) and ASIL level requirements
- Minimum 10 years experience required in some combination of the following areas:
- Automotive electronics product development
- Power Electronics circuits design, specifically motor drive inverters
- Modeling, simulating, and testing of inverter drives
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills (Shainin or Six Sigma training a plus)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong product engineering experience and working knowledge of manufacturing processes and capabilities
- Works under limited supervision
Ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail Email blocked - click to apply
. AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Proportional Integral Derivative (Closed Loop Control)
Human Computer Interaction