Provide medical evaluations and treatment of patients at facility under the supervisor of the Medical Director and work collaboratively with the medical/clinical staff under the guidelines of state licensure for Nurse Practitioners.
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic illness, independently or as part of a healthcare team.
- Participate in the formulation of patient Master Treatment Plan
- Assess physical and psychiatric health of patient and formulate measures to meet patient needs.
- Chart clinical observation (direct or through dictation), evaluations and treatment of patient in required time according to facility guidelines.
- Communicate with physicians and other staff as necessary to provide quality care for patient within appropriate guidelines.
- Encourage family involvement in patient care. Respond to identified patient and family educational needs.
- Support and follow legal requirements, hospital policy and procedures, medical staff bylaws and regulatory requirements.
- Provide services that are in accordance with the state guidelines for Nurse Practitioners.
- Provide on-call responsibilities on scheduled basis directed by medical staff.
- May focus on health promotion and disease prevention. May order, perform or interpret diagnostic tests such as lab work and x-rays. May prescribe medication.
- Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
Our Mission is to improve the quality of life of our patients and their family members.
TrustPoint is a state of the art hospital offering two specialty service lines; Acute Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services and Behavioral Health Services for Adult and Seniors.
At TrustPoint Rehabilitation Hospital, our aim is simple: to help people recovering from illness or injury attain the highest possible quality of life. Our goal is to help you meet and exceed your recovery goals while providing a shorter length of stay than skilled nursing facilities.
Behavioral Health at TrustPoint Hospital, we believe each patient is unique. That's why we focus on treating the whole person not just the illness. Offering acute inpatient behavioral health services for adults and seniors. ClearPath also offers intensive outpatient behavioral health services for adults.
- Master's in Nursing, Nurse Practitioner program required.
- Clinical experience working with the patient population of the facility; ability to demonstrate knowledge of concepts of limit setting, therapeutic boundaries, crisis management, therapeutic treatment, environment and patient care required.
- One or more years’ experience as an RN with the patient population of mental/behavioral health.
ADDITIONAL REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to work in an inpatient and outpatient setting and be included in a weekend hospital rotation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Registered Nurse Certified