Job ID: BEC013954About Us
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or at URL blocked - click to apply
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.Description
- The Project Manager is a strong leader for large-scale, complex multi-discipline installations involving instrumentation, data management, and automation system solutions within a Clinical Laboratory environment. The Project Manager adheres to a prescribed project Management Standard of Work following guidelines from PMI and exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action for implementation and issue resolution.
- The Project Manager role is to facilitate the customer installation project from the initiation phase through the closing phase. This will include the following activities:
- Participate in pre-installation meetings with BCI Sales partners and the customer.
- Conduct pre-installation meetings and work with the Hospital laboratory facilities personnel and the laboratory team members to develop the project timelines.
- Execute professional project planning using effective oral and written communication.
- Provide flawless implementation execution while monitoring the timelines throughout all phases of the project.
- Maintain and present the current task list at each meeting.
- Communicate periodic updates to the primary Stakeholders
- Act as the single point of contact ensuring the streamlined communication between the customer and BCI.
- Manage BCI resources –both personnel and inventory to maintain the schedule
- Facilitate lessons learned sessions throughout all phases of the project
- Provide superior post installation follow-up and issue resolution
- B.S. Degree with 3 to 5 years of Project Management experience with proven track record in managing projects, and be able to provide examples and project artifacts, ie. Communication Plans, Project Plans, Risk Plans, etc.
- Degree in Project Management a plus, not required
- PMP Certification or PMP eligible (real life project experience that counts towards qualification to sit for exam).
- Proven excellence in communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to influence and collaborate across business functions.
- Advanced understanding of Diagnostics or Healthcare Industry with heavy emphasis on Laboratory Regulatory environment.
- Must be willing to work out home based office.
- Must be willing to travel domestically at least 80% of the time (based on the need of the position).
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent presentation and/or facilitation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Possess clear, concise and accurate written and verbal communications.
- Possesses strong skills in problem solving and conflict management.
- Ranks high in the following leadership Anchors:
- Integrity: follows through on commitments. Reads situations quickly and accurately; acts promptly and communicates appropriately with transparency and trust.
- Utilizes critical thinking: Deals with complex concepts comfortably; is knowledgeable, capable and agile. Effectively copes with change and deals with ambiguity
- This position has a 50 pound lifting requirement.
- Good driving record required
- Desired Characteristics
- Prefer background in Medical Technology and work experience
- Familiarity with Standard Laboratory Practices, including Quality Control, record keeping, and regulatory requirements (CAP, CLIA, COLA)
- Highly Flexible and self-motivated.
- Entrepreneurial thinking.
Danaher Corporation Overview
- Diversity & Inclusion
- At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Complex Problem Solving