At Independence Physician Management (IPM a subsidiary of UHS Inc.) we're looking for exceptional people who share our vision and values, who share our focus on hard work, enthusiasm, teamwork, loyalty, trust and cooperation. We've embraced these traits and built a team of employees who consistently work to achieve the highest level of service excellence. People are our most valuable resource at IPM as we are committed to providing high quality acute care and behavioral health services to residents of the communities we serve. We are equally committed to offering our employees unlimited opportunity in an environment that encourages professional development.
- Coordinates and prepares monthly financial statement package and general ledger accounting for Independent Physician Management physician practices.
- Coordinates and prepares monthly financial package schedules.
- Prepares and posts month end close journal entries. Posts expenses and revenues to generate statements and worksheets.
- Reviews data, payroll information, bank statements, outstanding checks, etc. Reconciles bank balances. Takes corrective actions as required.
- Provides accounting and information systems support to management and Practices.
- Performs monthly and ad hoc reports/analysis.
- Assists management with compiling data for internal and external audits
- Assists management with compiling data for capital and operating budets
- Performs other duties as assigned/required.
Education: BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline.
Knowledge: Working knowledge of general accounting concepts, practices, standards, principles and activities related to one or more corporate accounting functions such as General Ledger, Budgeting, Financial Reporting, AP, etc. Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, numerical facility and analytical abilities.
Equipment, Applications and Tools: Normal office equipment. PC based applications such as Excel, Word, Access, Lotus Notes or equivalent electronic mail application, Access, and other applications such as Hyperion Enterprise, Pillar and Crystal reporting.
Work experience: Two or more years in general corporate accounting in a major accounting function such as General Ledger, Budget, Financial Reporting, AP, etc.
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career, please take a moment to share your background with us by applying online. Independence Physician Management offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and benefit programs including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k).
Independence Physician Management is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPM via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Independence Physician Management. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles