Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY & HEART FAILURE division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in EP/HF, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As the Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for developing social media goals and crafting a strategy to achieve them. This role supports marketing and communications efforts by developing plans to meet objectives through social media.
This individual is also responsible for the day-to-day management of our social community across all social media channels, including posting content, ensuring timely responses, managing social media programs and strategy and making sure the brand voice is carried out across all social media channels.
This role will help to develop reporting dashboards for social media analytics to deliver standard analysis and reporting of day-to-day posts, campaigns and the social listening sphere.
This role develops creative, forward-thinking content and strategies that engage audiences and further enhances Abbott’s Cardiac Arrhythmia’s and Heart Failure brand position. Works closely with Digital Marketing Strategists to plan and schedule content and paid social media plans.
This position reports to the Manager of Digital Strategy and partners across the organization to develop the collaborative relationships needed to be successful.
- Stay on top of social trends, reporting and listening strategies, and bring new ideas and technologies to the team
- Track social activity against stated annual objectives, create monthly analytics and insights reports in conjunction with Analytics Manager
- Communicate with teammates and collaborate to make informed decisions based on data; find opportunities for engagement and response
- Lead social listening initiatives and help Abbott be part of relevant conversations
- Audit and evaluate competitors’ social media efforts on a regular basis
- Analyze data to support insights, key takeaways, and optimizations
- [Work with partner agency to] Understand paid strategy and analyze campaign effectiveness
- Maintain strong time management, organization, and prioritization skills in order to complete multiple tasks and deliverables in a timely manner; engage Manager of Digital Strategy for input and feedback when needed
- Be able to offer a POV on best practices specific to social, as well as a POV on specific features, tactics, ad formats, projects, campaigns etc.
- Recognize opportunities to support business goals and create operational efficiencies
- Leverage enterprise-level software for posting and supplemental listening and reporting
- Responsible for set up, production and publication of all content on social media channels.
- Use social media strategy documents (including brand voice & tone, style guides, KPI dashboards, editorial calendars, channel plans, inspiration decks, research, promotion plans, etc.) to plan content that will reach and resonate with target audiences
- Work with PR, marketing, training and education, and other groups to brainstorm and develop content and campaign ideas from scratch
- Build and manage rich editorial calendars and content calendars
- Ensure all content distribution activities are coordinated across all social channels.
- Repurpose “old” content into new forms
- Plan content based on the outlined social strategy including business/marketing objectives, content strategy, channel strategy, editorial calendar, and identified target audiences
- Create meaningful, relevant content on all social media platforms
- Supervise, direct and/or manage the work of others whether direct staff, consultants and/or agency partners.
- Attend various Abbott and industry events (photo, video asset collection and sharing)
- Adhere to digital marketing policies including content review and approval, and governance policies.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, journalism or equivalent.
- 8-10 years of social media or related experience at an agency, or corporation.
- Experience in health care and/or high tech marketing is preferred.
- Proven success utilizing social channels creatively to achieve organizational and marketing goals
- Experience with social media advertising as well as working with related agencies
- Ability to strategically create and distribute content across a variety of social media networks
- Experience with social listening and reporting
- Excellent writing, editorial and communication skills
- Experience with enterprise-level based social scheduling and reporting software tools
- Video, audio and photo editing
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to find and create compelling stories
- A quick study with a desire to become a subject matter expert on many topics
- Self-starter with a great work ethic, ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible, can-do attitude: Able to take on a variety of tasks and maintain a positive attitude
- Conscientious, responsible, professional
- Ability to develop strong, trusting and collaborative relationships
- High-energy, self-directed
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Social Media Manager
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Social Media Manager, on Facebook at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Social Media Manager and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal