As CohnReznick grows, so do our career opportunities. As one of the nation’s top Professional Services and Business Advisory firms, we foster teams in Advisory, Assurance, and Tax services that value innovation and collaboration in everything they do!
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Benefits Coordinator to join the team in our Charlotte, NC office for a hybrid position.
The role of the Benefits Coordinator is to provide support and administration of the firm’s health insurance offerings, short- and long-term disability programs, and well-being programs. This position will report directly to the Total Rewards Senior Manager and will be based in Charlotte. This is a hybrid role and requires 2 days each week in the office.
- Work-Life Blend: Our team members accrue up to 30 days of PTO depending on their level & take advantage of 17 paid holidays including two weeks off a year when all CR Team members take time off together (July 4th week and Thanksgiving week).
- Parental Leave: Our expanded leave is up to 8 weeks following the birth or placement of a child.
- Flexibility: Our team members have options of being fully virtual, hybrid or in the office based on theirs and the business needs. All full time or part time CR team members are offered a home office stipend upon onboarding to help them get setup at home.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Whether it’s through participation in our Employee Resource Groups such as CR Blac, CR PRIDE, WomenCAN, VMA, CR Green, Raza or AAPI or through CR Cares, our team members give back to the communities they live and work in.
- Total Rewards: We offer a competitive annual compensation, annual discretionary performance bonus, referral & client bonuses, spot bonus opportunities, 401k match with profit sharing contributions and incentive and support towards achieving the CPA licensure.
- Learning & Development: Our team members have access to learning opportunities focusing on technical, leadership, and success skills that support their growth and career advancement, not to mention the necessary resources to meet their compliance needs.
- Wellness resources: Our virtual care programs such as Headspace, Spring Health, Prevention Cloud, and Peerfit help support our team members’ mental and physical well-being.
- Performance Coach: Each CR Team member is aligned to a Performance Coach who will support them in establishing their goals and provide guidance and support along their career path of choice.
- The CR Friend: Your CR Friend will serve as a familiar face when you first join the firm and is someone you can always reach out to.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Serves as key contact for leave of absence program for assigned population; meets virtually with employees to review short term disability benefits and advises on continuing pay while on leave; creates leave pay schedules; liaison to payroll and carriers; keeps in contact with employees while on leave to address their questions/concerns; tracks Leave of Absence status in HRIS system; coordinates return date extensions with P&C Manager
- Provides timely and accurate responses to benefit related inquiries in the P&C Connect mailbox daily. Creates templates for quick responses, tracks inquiries in ticketing system.
- CR Benefits Portal (Benefit Place) super user -
- Maintains benefit records in system.
- Approves life events, follows up on required documentation, etc.
- Provides end user assistance when needed.
- Lead virtual trainings demonstrating how to make elections in portal.
The successful candidate will have:
- General knowledge of health insurance plans, FMLA and state leave laws, and short- and long-disability plans.
- Minimum of 1-2 years in Human Resources, preferably with some exposure to benefits; benefits administration experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a business-related field
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and build, establish and maintain trust and credibility.
- Basic to intermediate excel skills – including organizing data, formatting cells, using formulas, etc.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams) and HR systems (HRIS, Benefits Portal, etc.)
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills and above average attention-to-detail.
- Excellent customer service skills
After reviewing this job posting, are you hesitating to apply because you don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that we are less likely to apply to jobs unless we meet every single qualification. At CohnReznick, we are dedicated to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply.
You may be just the right candidate for this or one of our other roles.
CohnReznick is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive team to drive business results and create a better future every day for our team members, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at
Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
#LI-SW1 #CB #LI-Hybrid
- Cell Biology
- Customer Service
- Employee Benefits