To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Buffalo, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Business & Planning Manager III - Organizational Change Manager
M&T Bank • Buffalo, NY
Posted 8 days ago
Responsible for various Change Management activities by providing the strategic direction and management of the planning, development and implementation of various change initiatives in support of department or division. Typically will manage the most complex, critical and highly visible projects with a significant organizational change impact at both the division and/or bank-wide level.
- Manage the planning, development and implementation of various projects and change initiatives in support of the department and/or division. Develops project plans (Project Schedules, Communication Plans, Training Plans, Business Readiness Activities, etc.) that support the delivery of intended outcomes, engagement and readiness of impacted groups. Manage the day-to-day project activities.
- Direct and monitor resources (which may or may not include direct supervisory responsibilities) devoted to preparing the lines of business through various Learning, Engagement and Business Readiness activities. Provide input to managers on project participants’ performance appraisals as requested.
- May be responsible on an individual basis for directing the most complex, critical and highly visible projects and change initiatives for division and/or bank wide in size. Will facilitate meetings and publish meeting minutes. Tracks issues and resolution.
- Develop and produce complex ad hoc and automated departmental reports and spreadsheets to include but not limited to project or product strategy analysis, profitability, historical reporting, work flow analysis, and financial analysis.
- As appropriate, manage budget, P&L reporting and other business reporting. Report variances to senior management. Make recommendations on variances and methods to increase efficiency, lower costs, etc. Implement recommendations upon senior management approval.
- Research and gather business and financial information regarding business results. Perform complex analyses to support business decisions. Provide feedback to management regarding results. Make recommendations on findings to management.
- Design and implement complex and highly specialized PC based models to support business decisions, making recommendations to management based on research and financial analysis.
- Develop a thorough and expert understanding of the business and its functions, processes and operations. Keep abreast of business and market trends that may affect the business/department.
- Define and participate in the achievement of short and long-term business objectives.
May be involved, to some extent, in some or all of the following: (i) setting policy or developing and overseeing the implementation of procedures or controls related to compliance requirements within the overall business processes; (ii) directly or indirectly monitoring functions that, on a day-to-day basis, ensure that the procedures and controls are functioning as designed (e.g., reviewing and resolving exception reports or ensuring that exception reporting is occurring and/or providing reporting and trending of data for management), (iii) supporting the development of training for business line personnel regarding procedures and controls designed to ensure compliance with laws and/or regulations, (iv) performing or overseeing embedded compliance self-testing, or (v) managing examinations or audits involving regulatory matters and any resultant corrective actions.
Ability to provide coaching, mentoring and feedback to staff.
May exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. May design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
Complete other related duties as assigned.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The position requires substantial interaction with internal contacts at senior management level, as well as external contacts in order to obtain pertinent information.
The position acts as liaison between department and other bank personnel on various projects.
The incumbent is responsible for the overall coordination and management of projects and change management activities at the division and department level to include day-to-day project supervision of project participants.
This position will be responsible for concurrently managing large scale projects and change initiatives. Will need to know how to work within the organization and gain an understanding of the perspectives of others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years relevant work experience or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 11 years higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 7 years related experience
Highly skilled proficiency in the use of spreadsheets, graphing, and presentations with a working knowledge of financial models.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Strong analytical ability and creative problem solving skills.
Excellent project management skills.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
Minimum of 7 years banking industry experience.
Minimum of 3 years previous supervisory/management experience.
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
Change Management Certification.
At M&T, we strive to be the best place our employees ever work, the best bank our customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make. So when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. As a top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing regional banks in the country, we offer a wide range of performance based career development opportunities for talented professionals. And through our longstanding tradition of careful, conservative and consistent management and a strong commitment to the communities we serve, we continue to grow with a focus on the future.
Job Posting: Jan 11, 2018, 5:22:28 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing