Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
The Sr. Director, Product Management determines the strategic direction of the product management function for the organization and ensures product offerings meet the needs of CDK Global’s customers. This job’s primary responsibility is to direct a comprehensize product strategy from product conception and definition through end of life. The Sr. Director, Product Management recognizes how changing business environments, both internal and external, will impact their functional area; takes the applicable steps to accommodate changes and ensures the effective and efficient operation of their department.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Establishes the strategic direction of the product management function for the organization.
- Leads through director(s), manager(s), and/or supervisor(s) the exploration, development, and evaluation of new product ideas, enhancements to existing products, and strategic product extensions.
- Directs those involved in the design, modification, and evaluation of all phases of a group of products.
- Coordinates with various functions including Engineering, Marketing, and Sales to establish product specifications and ensure successful product development and implementation.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Researches and understands changing business environments, both external and internal, including but not limited to market factors, customer needs, trends, legal regulations, compliance policies, strategy adjustments, organization strategies, etc.
- Participates with other directors and managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures their effective achievement of objectives.
- Responsible for capacity planning and continual assessments for process improvement to ensure that processes are well-documented, sustainable, and scalable.
- Implements, assesses, and adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
- Responsible for the results of the team as it relates to achievement of departmental/team goals, budget adherence, project management, resource allocation, and employee performance/development.
- Identifies, develops, and pursues ongoing opportunities to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of team processes and workflow.
- Ensures function is in compliance with all policies, procedures, and legal regulations.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 12 years of programming experience
- At least 10 years of project management, industry, or marketing experience
- At least 8 years of experience in people management/leading teams
- Automotive industry expert in their area of responsibility (Parts, Vehicles, Marketing, etc.)
- Knowledge of the key data suppliers and potential partners in their area of responsibility
- A professional Marketing or product management qualification; OR equivalent experience
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
New Product Development