To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Marinette, WI 54143
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Bay Area Medical Center • Marinette, WI
Posted 1 month ago
TITLE: CLINIC RN
Department: WOUND CARE SERVICES
Reports to: Clinic Manager
Supervises: NO ONE
The Wound Nurse utilizes the nursing process while planning and providing care for patients with complicated wounds, pressure ulcers, and/ or any patient who has a potential skin care problems in the outpatient setting, in consultation with other members of the health care team.
- Supports and models BAMC’s mission, vision, and values (Service Care Standards).
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of staging system of wounds.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to manage patients with draining wounds, fistulae and/or tubes; wound prevention, wound care, ostomy care and incontinence.
- Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Prepares and administers treatments as per Provider’s orders and clinical practice guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to perform all wound care treatments and provide services to level of licensure.
- Knowledgeable of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and clinical condition.
- Adheres to Infection Control guidelines and principles at all times
- Member of the wound care team.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to nurse managers, nursing staff and providers.
- Consults other healthcare professionals/departments as appropriate to provide interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Documentation meets current standards and practices.
- Up to date with evidence based wound care practice by reading journals, attending in-services, on-line presentations, etc.
- Serves as a liaison between providers, patients and manufacturers of clinical products. Meets with sales representatives, evaluates products; makes recommendations for products/equipment if needed.
- Collaborate with the Materials Management to maintain adequate inventories of supplies related to the specialty
- Operates all equipment correctly and safely.
- Process reusable instruments.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
- Works autonomously, sets priorities and makes independent decisions of a complex nature.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Assists in the coding/billing process as needed.
- Assists in filling out all insurance forms (Disability insurance forms, Worker’s Comp., off work and return to work, and social security disability forms).
- All other duties as assigned.
Must be able to complete the physical, mental and sensory requirements of the position.
Current WI licensure as a Registered Nurse. Minimum of two (2) years recent (within 3 years) experience in wound or surgery clinic or nursing home with skills in wound management. Wound Care Certified preferred. Recent, within 3 years, specialized training in wound care and experience working with wound vacs, unna boots, profore dressings, and compression treatments. Current American Heart Association CPR. Must be well motivated, organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks. Must be able to interact effectively with a wide variety of people. Excellent communication skills. Proficient in Excel, Windows. Epic experience preferred.
Potential exposure to Latex products, blood borne pathogens, hazardous materials, and communicable diseases.