Come join Fidelity in 2021 as we have our Better Way of Working!\u00A0 Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to join Client Solutions Technology chapter focused on greater delivery, efficiency, and quality.\u00A0 Our engineering team is innovative, diverse, passionate, and self-driven. We work in a very dynamic agile environment. You will work in a Squad focused on enabling Wealth Management business in Fidelity through Flexible, Scalable platforms and report to a Chapter Leader (your manager), whose primary focus is to help you develop in your career and skills as we drive towards increased automation, continuous delivery with quality.\u00A0\u00A0 Chapter Leaders drive the \u201Chow\u201D: skills & mastery, while your Squad drives the \u201Cwhat\u201D.\u00A0\u00A0 This is the next evolution of Agile development!
The Purpose of Your Role
You will play a role of a hands-on technology lead in a squad, thus using your experience to maximize squad performance along with mentoring other a technical team to deliver best in class software solutions.
\u00A0The Expertise (We re Looking For)
- 10+ years of software development and engineering experience
- 8+ years of experience leading complex technology initiatives, architecting best engineering solutions, and being in the trenches with the software engineers every day.
- Hands on experience designing and implementing big data processing on AWS
- Hands on experience on aggregating data in Snowflake data lake
- Hands on experience using AWS EMR / Apache spark and scripting languages like python.
- Hands on experience in programming using Java/ Scala.
- 5+ years experience working in agile development environment.
- 3+ years of experience in Test Driven Development
- Passion for software engineering, automation, and DevOps mindset.
- Fully hands on with application build-and-deploy using Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins, Maven, uDeploy.
- Good understanding of cloud-computing / cloud services platforms (e.g. AWS or azure).
- Strong leadership skills: you must be passionate about engineering excellence, empowerment of individuals/team, innovation, collaboration and must be someone who s eager to learn and teach every day.
- Proven in data-driven approach to decision making, both in day-to-day work and in making strategic trade-offs. Play a key role in resolving technical roadblocks involving multiple technologies.
- Experience implementing functionality using the following technologies/concepts:
- Java/J2EE and Scala
- Scripting languages like python and shell
- Snowflake / Snow pipe implementation experience
- AWS Batch processing using EMR and Glue
- API development with Node.js
- Express Node/Tomcat/Spring Boot
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOAP/REST)
- GIT Source code control
- Production Support Splunk/DataDog
- Cloud- AWS
- Jenkins/Groove Script- CICD automation pipeline
- E2E/Function automation Gerkin/Protrector
- Working in a squad to realize its mission advancing the work of the squad based on items in the backlog and priorities set by the\u00A0squad leader.
- Engage in Design activities to ensure consistent architecture implementations across the enterprise
- Enforcing existing engineering practices and setting new ones as and when needed.
- Sharing technology expertise with squad members and working cross-functionally to help squad execute on the priorities successfully.
- Actively helping in creating and maintaining the culture within the chapter based on Fidelity and agile leadership behaviors.
- Mentor and coach global (oversee) technical team across.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise within and outside of the chapter - ensuring the \u201Chow\u201D of the work performed by chapter members is aligned with established road maps and guardrails.
The Value You Deliver
- Being able to advance the work of the squad by engaging hands-on in day-to-day execution.
- Bring passion to your work to inspire and motivate your team.
- Embody Fidelity s leadership principles and multiplier behaviors.
- Collaborate to achieve the best results for PI & Fidelity.
- Help create culture of learning, empowerment, and transparency.
- Bring a data-driven & collaborative approach to decision making, both in day-to-day work and in making strategic trade-offs.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Client Solutions Technology chapter area provides expertise, talent, and standards in many areas of wealth management including digital planning & advice, investment products, managed solutions, life insurance, retirement & income planning, and large scale platform development & operation. Being a leader in this team, you will have a direct and positive impact on Fidelity s customers. The best-in-class products and ever-evolving technology stack that we support ensures a great learning culture in the team.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.Certifications:Company Overview
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.Join Us
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director Software Engineer - Full Stack Tech Lead focused on Big data processing, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling \u0022[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director Software Engineer - Full Stack Tech Lead focused on Big data processing.\u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director Software Engineer - Full Stack Tech Lead focused on Big data processing.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director Software Engineer - Full Stack Tech Lead focused on Big data processing, or by calling
, prompt 2, option 3.
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Elastic Mapreduce (Emr)
- Apache Maven
- Apache Spark