At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more and technology is a key factor in making more happen – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
What we're looking for:
- Organized and driven individual to direct strategic, long-range, complex, and diverse projects that span the organization and have direct and high organizational impact.
- Operates in a matrix environment with accountability to the business unit(s) and IS support teams. Lead the process to implement rapid project execution methodologies such as SCRUM/AGILE, which drive the culture of Succeed or Fail FAST.
- Primary focus is on projects that drive an immersive customer experience while driving process simplification throughout the enterprise. Experienced in supporting ERP projects with emphasis on the SAP ERP platform is a plus. Reports to the Director - PMO, may direct subordinate staff, or project teams or hold in-direct reporting relationships.
What you'll do:
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of Business process and IS technology projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed timeframe and funding parameters.
- Ensures that project goals are accomplished and aligned with business objectives; responsible for managing the team that develops and carries out internal IS projects; monitors project activities ensuring currency, quality, and integrity of the information, providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the enterprise. Follows PMO standards when reviewing project goals and end-state while engaging with IS teams and business stakeholders.
- Confers with Relationship Managers, Directors and BU CIO, the user community and technologists to translates generalized and customer business goals and objectives into concrete strategic and tactical plans to determine how technology might assist in addressing business needs, how to leverage applications for competitive advantage. Oversees the development of proposals/request for proposal; develops detail project plans and project milestones, technical status, and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule resolves political, resource, budgeting and change issues affecting the project/project; works closely with the program/project sponsor and steering committees to facilitate decisions necessary for program delivery.
- Leads and mentors a dynamic team of individuals who constantly search for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of technology and leading edge IS systems to meet business needs, partly by capitalizing on emerging technologies and partly by adapting technologies to the needs of the customer. Provides directions to include staff development and training, budget management, feasibility studies, delegation, project and resources control, teamwork coordination and project team constructive feedback as it pertains to individual, project or overall program performance. Maintains effective, productive and professional working relationship with internal and external customers, third party vendors, project management office, relationship managers, executives, and governance organizations in accomplishing project objectives.
- Proactively reviews and interprets performance against operating plans and standards; provides information and reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in plans; presents reports on project performance, changes, enhancements, scope variations, and other related matters and/or participates in key management activities and committees advising project sponsors or senior management accordingly.
- As change agent, lead the process development to implement rapid project execution methodologies such as SCRUM and AGILE to drive the culture of Succeed or Fail FAST.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline with an information technology focus.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) or Master’s Degree Certification in Project Management expected. Minimum 7+ years job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement.
- 7+ years of project management experience in a complex business environment involving multiple diverse business issues in an organization of comparable size and scope, and demonstrated experience and knowledge of the principles, techniques and methodology of project management, quality management, and change management.
- Demonstrated experience in leading SAP ERP or related enterprise systems implementations is a plus.
- Experience with Information Technology practices and methods including agile/scrum methodology and preferably lead projects as a scrum master.
- Broad-based information systems, technical management or business experience in a dynamic high-technology environment
- Proficient using project managements tools and Microsoft Office Suite
What will make you successful:
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers, and senior management, and ability to communicate with others in challenging situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards
- Ability present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group; to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others. Think creatively when solving problems or designing new solutions.
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching strategic decisions; ability to manage conflicting demands for resources through negotiation.
- Organizational ability to redirect skills to support new technologies while maintaining current commitments; ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Consistently proven ability to manage/implement projects and contribute to concept development
- Provide input to refine Project Management Office processes and practices to simplify and streamline the PMO.
May have direct and/or indirect reports, will lead project teams.
Normal Office Environment
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
- Implement Projects
- Quality Management
- Scrum (Software Development)
- Agile Software Development
- Systems Implementations