To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- TUOLUMNE MEADOWS, CA 95389
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Vice President of Operations - Hotel & Lodging - Yosemite National Park
Aramark • TUOLUMNE MEADOWS, CA
Posted 30 days ago
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook andTwitter.
We are seeking a Vice President of Hotels & Lodging to manage and direct the Lodging Operations team supporting Yosemite Hospitality, a subsidiary of Aramark operations at Yosemite National Park.
The Vice President of Hotel & Lodging is responsible for the overall planning, direction and control of lodging properties within Yosemite National Park. This role will also have oversight of the Retail and Food & Beverage operations within the Park. The Vice President of Hotel & Lodging is responsible and accountable for all implementation and management of specific components and lodging obligations as required by the client. The successful candidate facilitates the development of strategic operations plans aligned with Aramark and the client's mission, vision, and objectives. The Vice President of Hotel & Lodging ensures that fiscal and managerial compliance is executed at all times and develops a talented and engaged workforce.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Work closely with the client & leadership team and provide overall planning, direction, and control to achieve operating and financial goals.
- Provide leadership, guidance and motivation to managers and other Park staff.
- Responsible for assisting team members in their career growth, establishing an effective succession planning process, and oversight of all recruitment required for the Park, especially during peak seasons.
- Client management and establish/maintain effective customer relations.
- Responsible for the accuracy and predictability of each unit's financial performance through the utilization of the forecasting process. Responsible for communication of deviations and action plans to regional and divisional leadership teams.
- Identify opportunities to implement new and innovative products and services, which support business development and client retention.
- Provide effective and timely management over the contract administration process, including amendments and contract extensions.
- Promote vertical sales growth via active collaboration among the regional team and appropriate subject matter experts.
- Participate in professional and civic activities in support of Aramark community relations.
- Assist Labor Relations in negotiations of union contracts. Oversee all operational and financial implications of union contracts.
- Build effective partnerships with regional leadership and their staffs.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 10-12 years of progressively responsible, successful experience in general management with full P&L responsibility - food or retail service sector preferred.
- Hospitality, Parks/Destinations, or government-regulated industry experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working within highly regulated, government-influenced marketplaces; demonstrating the ability to build close relationships with public sector decision makers.
- Regional and/or multi-unit experience required.
- Working knowledge and experience with analyzing data produced by critical systems including Springer Miller Systems (SMS), Retail Pro and Micros.
- Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) certification is highly preferred. Proof of re-certification status required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead multiple teams in a diverse environment, and successfully provide alignment and innovation to generate measurable outcomes for multiple clients and customer locations.
- Must have highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations and be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran