We've partnered with a growing food company who is ready to hire a new Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager is charged with overseeing the operations of the food processing company. This role involves directing all aspects of production, operations, machinery maintenance, safety, efficiency, operational conformance, product quality, and continuous improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess and train supervisors and employees on full-cycle production processes.
- Inspect, analyze and recommend ways of improving quality and efficiency in production activities.
- Supervise and monitor the execution of all production activities.
- Manage production schedules, work instructions and production inventories.
- Oversee highest standard of allergens/cross-contamination protocols.
- Able to adhere to rigorous food storage, material handling, HACCP, and sanitation requirements.
- Manage & develop production team.
- Understand and provide leadership support for a high-end safety and secure environment.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies, as well as all Federal, State and Local OSHA regulations..
- Participate in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities.
- A Bachelor's degree in Food Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Business, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive management experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of food handling procedures and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and facilitate cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability of managing cost performance, supply/demand forecasting and distribution execution.
- Excellent computer skills
- Working knowledge of HACCP/GMP/SSOP/Food Safety
- Previous manufacturing experience
Take the next step in your career. APPLY NOW! Please contact Carla Thielbar at Email blocked - click to apply for more information on this or any other positions you may be interested.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Supply Chain Management