To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irvine, CA 92614
- Heather Rowan
- Phone: +1 619 881 0004
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Engineer (R&D/Manufacturing) - 9008745
Real Staffing • Irvine, CA
Posted 2 months ago
One of my top Class III Medical Device clients in Irvine is currently seeking a "Sr. R&D/Manufacturing Engineer" to work on the complete re-design of an existing product for efficiency and cost reduction purposes.
- Create, characterize, and implement new manufacturing processes including leading the design, procurement and qualification of manufacturing equipment and tooling for NPD (new product development) / VE (value engineering) projects.
- Develop solutions to manage complex manufacturing process design, development and validation efforts from early product development through product launch.
- Transfer processes from R&D to Manufacturing using project management, design for manufacturability and cost, process/design excellence, LEAN, ergonomics and knowledge transfer methodologies to ensure effective implementation of equipment, processes, and new technology.
- Development of process specifications which ensure user needs are met
- Perform equipment and process qualifications (TFIQ/IQ/OQ/PQ) as needed.
- Drive incorporation of technical advancements into manufacturing process and technology employed in the manufacture of both existing and new products.
- Work and effectively communicate in a high energy, cross functional team and multiple site environment which includes product design, regulatory, quality, procurement, supply chain, supplier quality and operations to ensure project objectives are met.
- Continuously improve existing processes, manufacturability and sustainability.
- Accountability (including hands on and resourceful) on troubleshooting, problem solving, and escalation of program risk to management when design transfer and scale-up to manufacturing do not work as expected.
- Four (4) years of experience in medical device manufacturing
- Knowledge of Solidworks
- Experience with automation, semi-automation and/or ultrasonic welding/swaging preferred.
- Demonstrated use of process and design excellence methodologies including Six Sigma.
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability, and LEAN methodology.
- Ability to develop process requirement/ specifications, collaborate with outside design firms and work with Operations personnel.
- Effective knowledge of design transfer.
- Knowledge of cGMP, EHS guidelines, FDA guidelines and Process Validation.
- Capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills including conflict and relationship management.
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline is required; preferably Mechanical, Biomedical, or Manufacturing Engineering.
If you're interested in applying please submit your updated resume in word format! I will be working with the hiring manager to schedule interviews this week!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.