The Pharmacy Analyst demonstrates enthusiasm for supporting the Information Services vision and strategic goals of CHRISTUS St. Vincent Information Services. The Pharmacy Analyst is responsible for assisting in the operation and administration of clinical information systems using technological solutions, focusing on pharmacy and medication management throughout the continuum of care, collaborating with clinical associates to enhance their workflow methodology and tools within the Epic pharmacy module and to improve patient safety.
The Pharmacy Analyst is expected to configure and provide intermediate functional and technical support for the specified set of pharmacy applications and clinical users. This position collaborates with the user community to resolve technical problems, application performance issues as well as lead optimization and enhancement efforts. This entails customer-centric workflow and technical knowledge as well as contribution to the analysis, design, development, testing, and documentation, and implementation activities of assigned applications.
The position will lead analysis and timely resolution of problems within the software applications, and provide support for maintenance and upgrades. Work situations are a combination of intermediate to complex analytical, clinical, financial and administrative responsibilities, and require independent decision-making, problem solving, leadership, and customer service skills, small to medium project leadership, training, documentation development, and contract review and familiarization. This position must possess sufficient detailed healthcare knowledge and systems expertise to implement medium to high complexity assigned application with minimal guidance.
- Registered Pharmacist (Rph) or Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- ASHP accredited residency or Board Certification Specialty preferred
- Current Certification or Proficiency in Epic Willow Module
- Licensure by New Mexico Board of Pharmacy is required. Continuous education to maintain licensure and certification(s), if any, is required
- Ability to work independently with limited/minimal supervision
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize and work through conflicting demands leveraging critical thinking and decision-making skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities; ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other productivity tools, and assigned applications and technologies preferred.
- Three years clinical experience or pharmacy residency
- One year experience in pharmacy informatics utilizing Epic Willow
- Strong knowledge of clinical information systems, data management and administration
- Knowledge of hospital practices and procedures as well as laws, regulation and guidelines pertaining to practice standards and regulatory requirements with a focus in pharmacy/medication management
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Assigned to a Manager, Information Systems
The position provides support in a 24/7 environment which will include rotating on-call support duties during off hours, weekends and holidays. May be required to travel to perform duties. May be required to work outside of normal working hours during on-call rotation or during significant outages or due to project demands. May be required to work long hours during critical problems or due to project demands.
Bloodborne Pathogen: A
General office setting with exposure to computer room environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift and transfer objects typically not in excess of 50 lbs. Extended use of video display terminal and keyboard utilizing sound ergonomic principals.
Valid Driver's license required.
Complex Problem Solving