To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1155 Roberts Boulevard
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Tax Accountant II
Mohawk Industries • Kennesaw, GA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Tax Accountant professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing accounting professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Under general supervision and with discretion appropriate to this job level:
- Prepare federal, international, state and local, and non-profit corporate income tax returns
- Ensure that the company complies with periodic tax payments, information reporting, and other taxing authority requirements.
- Provide input regarding effects of business activities on taxes, and on strategies for minimizing tax liabilities
- Compile and analyze data to create workpapers to support tax filings. Proactively and effectively work with others within the company to gather information. Analyze and understand the information provided. Timely follow up on outstanding items and questions.
- Prepare federal, state, international (5471,8858), and non-profit income tax returns and related workpapers including: estimated tax payments, extension calculations, separate company returns, consolidated returns, required compliance disclosures, and amended returns.
- Prepare and analyze financial tax accounts. Certify balances are correct as required for internal controls documentation.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment focused on improved use of technology. Design and update processes and procedures to streamline tax compliance.
- Monitor tax law developments and their potential impact on the Company.
- Preform research for return preparation and strategic planning. Compile and analyze data for making recommendations based on findings. Collaborate with others in the department as appropriate.
- Maintain tax compliance calendar to ensure all deadlines are met
- Provide support to tax department team members including temporary employees and consultants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field, required. CPA a plus.
- Understanding of Book-to-Tax Differences (M-1’s), State Tax Adjustments, Income Tax Returns and Financial Accounting
- Proficient with OneSource Income Tax Software (or other comparable tax preparation software).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- 3 – 5 Years of Tax Compliance Experience.
- Familiar with and ability to apply general knowledge in the absence of oral/documented guidelines related to the Company’s departmental procedures, practices and standards.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to work on assigned projects with minimal supervision. Includes knowing when to ask questions, how to keep projects moving forward and how to bring projects to completion.
- Must be organized and able to effectively communicate status of work.
- Maintain a positive attitude and work well with others and under tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals.
- Must effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of information furnished in written, diagram or schedule form
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled (EEO/AA M/F/D/V)
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.