To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dahlgren, VA 22485
- Josh Biacan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Windows Systems Administrator (Secret Cleared)
ECS Federal, LLC • Dahlgren, VA
Posted 2 months ago
ECS is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator (Secret Cleared) to work in our Dahlgren, VA office.
Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
ECS has an opportunity for a Systems Administrator to support a new cybersecurity program for a DoD client based in Dahlgren, VA. This position requires a minimum Interim Top Secret clearance.
The Systems Administrator will be part of a team of experts charged with providing support in the areas of cyber analysis and cyber development capabilities in response to Navy's and DoD's needs for Cyber Situational Awareness (SA), Cyber Command and Control (C2), Mission Assurance, and Homeland Defense. Program scope includes identifying cyber key terrain by analyzing operational requirements, conducting cyber analyses and assessments, and developing and performing modeling and simulation in support of different cyber threat scenarios. The team will conduct cyber analyses and assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities and risks, determine mission and operational impacts, and make appropriate mitigation recommendations. Additionally, program support includes developing methodology and framework in support of cyber risk assessment life cycle. Our team will provide capabilities to support the customer with rapid design, development, test, deployment, maintenance and operation of specific software and hardware capabilities to meet current Cyber Defensive needs.
Provide daily support as a Systems Administrator for a DoD environment that supports a cyber warfare enclave. Environment consists of the following capabilities and requirements:
- Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and the NSA Guides for the configuration standards for DOD IA and IA-enabled devices/systems.
- Microsoft Operating System w/IIS, Transaction Server
- Windows 2008/2012 (or current version)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Desktop (or current version)
- Microsoft SQL 2008(or current version), preferred, not required
- Configuration Management Protocol & Guidelines
- Requirements Analysis & Mapping
- Solar Winds Orion (or current version)
- VMware OS
- Support specifications of client/server computer and network systems to meet business requirements and to ensure compatibility and optimum performance
- Installs, maintains, configures, and supports client/servers, networked computers, and related systems
- General maintenance and troubleshooting
- Local Policy
- Audits and analysis
- Support the Authorization and Authentication process
- Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) and manufacturer recommended updates for servers
- Troubleshoot and repair server software, operating system (OS), and client-server application problems
- Federal, DoD, Navy, and local policies regarding web development (preferred not required)
- Patching, documenting and reporting IAVA (B) (T), and CTO compliance
- Perform general maintenance and troubleshooting
- Understanding DoD Common Access Card (CAC) authentication and access
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active DoD Secret Clearance, DoD TS/SCI preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering with a focus in Computer Networks, or Computer Science plus five (5) years of experience, or ten (10) years of experience in systems administration or engineering.
- Must hold (or acquire within 30 days) Information Assurance Technology (IAT) Level II certification(s) required to work on government IT systems, to include any of the following: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP or higher level certification
- Must hold current (or acquire within 6 months) the appropriate computing environment certification for information assurance technical positions as required by DoD 8570.01-M to include any of the following:
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012
- MCSA: Windows Server 2016
- MCSA: Linux on Azure
- MCSA: Cloud Platform
- MCSA: Windows 10
- *Any equivalent previous MS certification that is still active
- Maintaining and managing VMware environment
- Working with storage requirement in a virtual environment
- Maintaining Microsoft Environment, management tools WSUS, GPOs, Etc
- Implementing and designing Microsoft Environment, Domain Controllers
- Maintaining Windows 2008 servers (or current version)
- STIG Microsoft, VMware and SAN and other applications
- Experience in the implementation and management of backup appliances and systems.
- Familiar with network architecture, IT setups, hardware integration
- Familiar with forensic software or interrogation of data
- Network infrastructure / hardware setup expertise.
- Familiarity with the components of a database including any experience with Microsoft SQL, Access, or PostgreSQL, experience with Microsoft SQL Server preferred
- Knowledge of digital forensic imaging and digital forensics to include any use of FTK, EnCase, IDA Pro, or other forensic software.
- Experience working with both Windows and Linux based systems.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.