To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minnetonka, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (CDIS) - Educator - Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group • Minnetonka, MN
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Is it important to you to create an application that will benefit millions of people? At Optum, you are empowered to do your best! You will work with an elite team to create applications using the newest and latest technologies.
As a CDI Educator you will develop and deliver CDI Education to CDIS and providers. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 7 - 10 years healthcare experience, a CDI credential, a clinical license, and experience in training in Inpatient / Outpatient / Provider Practice settings. The primary responsibilities are development and delivery of education content for the changing needs of providers and CDIS.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Creating and maintaining Instructor - Led Training, eLearning training, and Live Webinars
- Create custom Instructor-Led Training Sessions to meet specific and unique client needs based on CDI client request or audit results
- Delivering onsite and Webinar education sessions for providers and CDIS
- Limited Documentation Reviews for the purpose of creating educational content
- Collaborate across various levels of resources
- Assist Education Director with solution development and sales support of CDI education through proposal development, responding to RFPs, development and delivery of client presentations
- Participate in industry events and speaking engagements to promote CDI expertise and capabilities
- Engagement participation and overall quality assurance of deliverables as an individual and as an engagement team
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist/Professional (CCDS/CDIP) credentials through AHIMA or ACDIS
- License: LPN/RN/NP/MD/PA with prior CDI hospital based CDI Education experience
- 7+ years of direct experience in working as a CDI Specialist or in development of CDI program in the acute care setting and understanding of CDI program infrastructure, workflow and reporting/metrics
- Strong understanding of clinical, HIM, Quality and Case Management workflow
- Individual must be proficient in ICD-10-CM Diagnosis/Procedures Codes, MS-DRG reimbursement and clinical documentation requirements
- Has developed and facilitated physician education and CDIS education, and has experience in working directly and communicating with physicians
- Experience delivering in person classroom and one on one education sessions
- Experience with Inpatient CDI
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- BS or MS degree
- Prior CDI consulting experience
- Coding certification with a preference for CCS, CCS - P CPC, RHIA, RHIT
- AHIMA ICD - 10 - CM / PCS Trainer credential
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: CDI, clinical documentation, AHIMA, ACDIS, LPN, RN, NP, MD, PA, travel, telecommute, remote, work from home