About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Human Services practice helps state, county, and municipal human services agencies to achieve their performance goals in order to better serve populations in need. PCG’s seasoned professionals offer proven solutions to help agencies design programs, services, and systems; increase program revenue; cut costs; and improve regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations. To learn more, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Analyst.
About the Position:
This position will be situated in our Human Services practice area on our Employment and Income Maintenance Services (EIMS) team. The team’s mission is to assist states, municipalities, and providers in delivering services that empower people and communities to reach their full potential. Our vision is for all people to have economic stability and opportunity. The main program areas of focus are Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), although work in other human services areas such as workforce development, employment and training programs, housing, and public assistance is likely. Project types may include analyzing programs and developing recommendations for improvement, business process design, and financial analyses. The Business Analyst will perform a wide variety of tasks including collecting and analyzing data, creating reports and other written content, conducting interviews and focus groups, participating in and leading client meetings and providing project support.
- Provides support to PCG Human Services’ engagements.
- Prepares and presents parts of written status reports for clients.
- Completes analysis on large data sets.
- Develops competency in federal and state policy, specifically federal funding requirements.
- Assists with the implementation of major project phases or tasks.
- Participates on proposal writing teams, including writing and coordinating submissions.
- Assists with preparation of written reports, deliverables, and other materials for clients.
- Participates in data collection activities including conducting research, note taking and information distillation, and data entry.
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, research, presentation, time management, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills.
- A detail-oriented problem-solving approach to business and technical issues.
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace change.
- Self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
- Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well-informed about current industry issues.
- A commitment to deliver exceptional client service.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze policy and legislation.
- Ability to work both in a team situation and autonomously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, in particular Access, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
Experience: 1-3 years of relevant work experience in consulting, government, human services delivery or other relevant field.
* Position may include up to 50% US travel once COVID travel restrictions have been lifted, and it is safe to do so.
Preference for applicants with ability to be geographically based near a PCG office, including Boston and Nashville. Applicants from across the US will be considered.
Public Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Hardworking And Dedicated