To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Service Engineer II
The Judge Group • Nashville, TN
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Service Engineer - Nashville / Memphis, TN and Huntsville, AL
Under moderate supervision, provide technical service and support to the Machine Tool Builders (MTBs), dealers, and end-users through telephone, on-line and on-site service.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide technical service and support to our customers, including: MTBs, dealers, and end-users, via:
• On-Site service at customer facilities using learned knowledge and experience of electro-mechanical assemblies, system operations, programming, and diagnosing of equipment problems
• In-House telephone support using an automated call distribution network (ACD) with heavy call volume maintaining department goals for time to answer and total log-in time
• Communicate with customers in e-mail, on-line chat and internal technical forums
• Diagnose equipment breakdowns where knowledge of machinery and other automated systems is used to maintain customer UPTIME
• Install components and solutions where knowledge of programming, calibrating, tuning, rebuilding and maintaining customer’s equipment in the field is being utilized
• Support the in-house systems for diagnostics such as simulators, programming systems, tools, etc.
• Present and sell customers our value added services (VAS) to help accomplish their UPTIME goals; CloudCNC, extended warranties, optional functions, machine tuning, control upgrades, training, etc.
• Promote the sales of spare parts to customers which would further assist in their machine UPTIME
• Determine, order, and replace parts as necessary while maintaining the consignment inventory account by following up on the defective and unused parts returns
• Enter all technical claims, service activity, follow ups, and other customer related inquiries into SAP, while maintaining data integrity
• Support the business operations, including:
• Participating in company training programs whereby passing with satisfactory levels
• Create and/or update technical documentation
• Feedback areas of improvement in design to Technical Support Engineers
• Feedback to management for newly found issues
• Follow up on performed service calls and open technical support claims using established database via company phone and e-mail systems
• Cooperate with and take instruction/support advice from Senior Engineers
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
50-60% travel based on customer demand, primarily within region: Nashville / Memphis, TN and Huntsville, AL
BSEET or equivalent related experience
• 3-6 years of experience in field service for industrial automation
• Ability to sell value added services to customers
• Knowledgeable on electrical and mechanical tools for machine repair
• Mechanical aptitude
• Hands-on knowledge of volt meters, oscilloscopes, and other test / measuring equipment
• Ability to read and understand technical documentation: schematics, logic, procedures, etc.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with and maintain effective relationships with customers and colleagues
• Organization skills for arranging travel plans and service call schedule
• Ability to travel by car and plane to on-site service calls
• Ability to be “on call” to meet customer’s service needs as they arise
• Ability to perform a hands-on role in an industrial environment, including but not limited to: wearing of proper safety attire, maneuvering into tight locations, occasional heavy lifting and carrying, standing on hard surfaces, and knowledgeable on electrical and mechanical tools for machine repairs
• Team orientation
• Computer proficiency – knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Customer focused
Skills / Education:
• Experience in Computerized Numeric Controls (CNC’s) products preferred
• Experience with robots and how they operate is a plus
• Experience in motion controllers (AC and DC) and programmable logic controllers (PLC’s) is a plus
• Experience in field service is a plus