WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences - the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world's most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
CPU PERFORMANCE ARCHITECT
This Senior Engineer in the Core Performance Architecture Modeling team will contribute using their experience with CPU microarchitecture development, performance modeling, and analysis. Our candidate will join a team that is responsible for CPU microarchitecture feature ideation, and delivery of a high-performance CPU Core. If this sounds like a good match for you, come join our team!
Contribute to cycle-accurate core microarchitecture performance simulator development, workload and trace analysis, microarchitecture development, and RTL vs performance model correlation.
Collaborate with a team of hardware and software engineers to develop and implement novel features to generationally improve the performance of AMDs Epyc and Ryzen Core CPUs
* C++ programming and scripting language expertise
* Deep understanding of Computer architecture through coursework and/or work experience. Ideal candidates would have prior focused experience in research and development of advanced CPU architectures and mechanisms.
* Cycle-accurate microarchitecture performance simulator/model development
* Pre and/or Post-silicon performance correlation, analysis and validation
* Knowledge of underlying CPU software, including operating systems, compilers, and applications.
* Demonstrates thought leadership and perseverance with published papers or filed patents that contribute to CPU architecture
* MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and relevant experience, or
* PhD in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with relevant experience
* Santa Clara, California
At AMD, your base pay is one part of your total rewards package. Your base pay will depend on where your skills, qualifications, experience, and location fit into the hiring range for the position. You may be eligible for incentives based upon your role such as either an annual bonus or sales incentive. Many AMD employees have the opportunity to own shares of AMD stock, as well as a discount when purchasing AMD stock if voluntarily participating in AMD's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also be eligible for competitive benefits described in more detail here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
- Software Testing
- Test Automation
- Systems Analysis
- Application Development
- Architecture Design And Assessment Systems