$1,000 Sign-On Award eligible to qualified EXTERNAL candidates who have been presented with an offer of employment. Active NYCB employees are not eligible for this payment. Sign-On Award is payable following the completion of 6 months of employment with NYCB. Monetary awards of this nature are treated as supplemental income and taxed accordingly.
Branch Operations Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing daily operational assistance in accordance with the guidelines and objectives set forth by the Bank. Deliver excellent customer service experiences to both prospective and existing clients while ensuring compliance requirements are met.
- Works closely and provides input to the Assistant Branch Manager and Branch Manager to fulfill the daily requirements needed to continually improve branch performance.
- Authorized to approve within allowable limits: Wire Transfers; Overdrafts; Items on NSF report and (PNET) supply order. Has authority in the absence of the Branch Manager for all logs and monthly self assessment reports.
- Directly responsible for monitoring and facilitating all monetary transactions in accordance with bank policy. Oversees Financial Services Associates in the performance of their duties while providing operational approval and instruction. When applicable, responsible to ensure branch is in proof.
- Communicates and implements branch policies and procedures. Provides training and guidance to staff to ensure transactions are processed accurately and efficiently by using in-depth policy and procedural knowledge to also handle complex transactions and issues. Conducts daily and weekly operations, sales and service meetings and de-briefing sessions in accordance with Bank operations, sales and service standards.
- Establishes new accounts; interview loan applicants and assist in the application process. Has full access to confidential reports via 'Dashboard' in order to print and update various lists.
- Solicits and promotes new business by actively selling Bank products. Conducts tele-consulting and other sales campaigns while referring business to other units of the Bank. Positively encourages the delivery of exceptional customer service, team sales referrals and campaign participation. Follows-up on selected sales leads. Ensures product suitability as needed.
- With the assistance of other designated staff members, functions as primary dual control for platform, night depository processing, vault opening/closing, ATM proof and replenishment.
- Oversees branch scheduling and timekeeping process. Open and/or closing the branch in the absence of the Branch/Assistant Branch Manager. Cover other branches as necessary. Work weekends and/or extended hours as required.
- Assists with branch audits and reporting to ensure that the branch is operating in compliance with Federal and State banking requirements. Adheres to all Banking procedures and advises the Security Department of any security breaches.
- Participates in meetings held by Retail Regional Management; travel to work related seminars.
- Based on established policies and procedures, processes transactions accurately and efficiently to build customer confidence and trust.
- Maintains the highest individual level of customer service standards while consistently exceeding customer expectations. Lobby-leads as needed to manage customer traffic flows, customer greeting and satisfaction.
- Trains branch personnel and identifies and reports any employee grievances or conflicts. Create workforce stability by cultivating an engaged, spirited and performance-oriented team.
- Creates a positive team environment in the branch by modeling appropriate behaviors.
- Represents the company in various civic and community functions to further enhance its image while developing additional business contacts.
- Performs special projects, and additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- Where applicable and when performing the responsibilities of the job, employees are accountable to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and adhere to internal control policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
- Two to three years related work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Broad knowledge of Bank policies and procedures, services and products
- Extensive knowledge of branch operations and regulatory requirements
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent cash-handling skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANK.
Based in Hicksville, NY, New York Community Bank is a New York State-chartered savings bank serving customers throughout Metro New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Arizona and Florida. New York Community Bank serves customers through over 200 branches featuring a divisional structure: Queens County Savings Bank, Roslyn Savings Bank, Richmond County Savings Bank, Roosevelt Savings Bank and Atlantic Bank in New York; Garden State Community Bank in New Jersey; Ohio Savings Bank in Ohio; and AmTrust Bank in Florida and Arizona. With a longstanding reputation of strength, stability and service, NYCB is proud to be committed to the communities it serves.
To learn more about the NYCB Family of Banks visit us at www.MyNYCB.com .
Help recruit top talent for NYCB through the employee referral program. All NYCB employees are encouraged to submit referrals. Locate top talent right in the community where you live, work and play. Amazing individuals are all around be sure to let them know how they can become a part of the NYCB family.
NYCB is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ethnicity, religion, marital status, disability, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
This policy against discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment and selection, promotion and demotion, transfer, training and development, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence and termination. NYCB will consider reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities, as well as accommodations that are necessary for an employee to practice their religious faith.
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service